ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Domain Transfer

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/17/08 06:32 AM Views: 2445 Replies: 17
Friday, October 17, 2008 at 6:32 AM

Hi Brad

Our website is almost complete. And we would like to transfer our domain to class creator.

What should be our first step? Purchase services on Classcreator.net?

Our current webhost is Network solutions, should we next ask them to authorize transfer/unlock the domain?

How long would this process take?

And importantly can this all be done online - I am the webmaster for this website and am currently vacationing in India can I manage this process from here?
In my past experience with transfers I had to continuously follow up with either of the hosts, I am really scared and don't want to mess up!

Thanks for your support and services!

Best
Vidhya for PVHS 64 Alumni

Friday, October 17, 2008 at 6:46 AM - Response #1

Also is there a fee for Domain transfer?

Is registration the only fee we have to pay?

Saturday, October 18, 2008 at 2:24 PM - Response #2

Yes. Your fee is $19 for a domain name, or more if you're purchasing for multiple years.

All of your questions and the exact process you need to follow are in our FAQ section. Let me refer you there:

1) Click FAQs above
2) Click on Questions About Domain Names
3) Follow the steps for transferring your name to Classnames.net.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 at 10:35 PM - Response #3

Hi Brad

Read through the Faqs but have another question -

- I have created a new account on classnames.net

I am ready to transfer but
- Do I have to purchase a hosting plan? Is'nt hosting free?
- Will I pay for the domain transfer when I initiate "Transfer" under Domain names?

Sorry I am confused Please help.

Thanks a ton
Vidhya

Thursday, October 30, 2008 at 12:02 AM - Response #4

No, do not purchase hosting. Hosting is for people who are hosting sites other than Class Creator sites.

Yes, when you transfer a domain name you pay a $19 fee, which will add an additional year to your domain clock above and beyond whatever time you have left on the name currently.

Thursday, October 30, 2008 at 2:34 AM - Response #5

Thanks Brad, appreciate your continued support!

Vidhya

Thursday, October 30, 2008 at 3:18 AM - Response #6

Brad with the new website with classcreator.

When we transfer the domain I hope the new website will be up?

Because the one on classcreator is what we want http://www.classcreator.com/Hillsdale-NJ-Pascack-Valley-1964/index.cfm

and not

pvhs64alumni.org

Thanks
Vidhya

Thursday, October 30, 2008 at 3:43 AM - Response #7

After transferring the name:

1) Click your Register Domain Name link along the left (when you're logged into your site)
2) In the little white box at the bottom of the page paste pvhs64alumni.org
3) Then click the Active Domain Name button

That's all there is to it.

Friday, October 31, 2008 at 9:47 AM - Response #8

Ok Thanks!

Monday, November 17, 2008 at 10:01 PM - Response #9

Hi Brad

We are glad the transfer happened successfully and I followed your steps to activate the domain.

Looks like it will take some time to get activated?

Also I was able to make a purchase for Only year but will like to change that to 5 years how do I make that edit?

Thanks!

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 at 1:11 AM - Response #10

.org domain transfers from Network Solutions can sometimes take a little longer to update. I would give another 24 hour or so for the .org registry to reflect this change. The domain shows as transferred in ClassNames.net so you can login and extend that registration at any time. Just login and click on the domain - at the top of the domain summary page there is an option to renew.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at 9:49 PM - Response #11

Thanks,

We are a concerned here since its been almost 48 hours and the website is not up.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at 9:56 PM - Response #12

Do we have to configure any settings in our account?

Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 12:56 AM - Response #13

Hi Janice,

I called Network Solutions tonight to find out why they have not updated the release of this domain. They said that the release of the domain is in progress and that they consider the domain officially transferred. I explained that it had been more than 48 hours and they referred me to their domain transfer policies that now state 5-7 business days. We are midway through that now so it should only be a few more days at the most. I have not seen a domain ever take the full 7 days so hopefully it will update shortly.

Monday, November 9, 2009 at 8:53 AM - Response #14

I submitted a transfer request (order #36915254) on classnames.net on 11/3/2009 at 10:59 pm. I unlocked the domain with GoDaddy and requested an authorization code which I entered on classmates.net. I didn't receive any e-mails about the transfer from classnames.net or GoDaddy so I reread the instructions and realized that I still had privacy enabled. I turned this off and received a confirming e-mail from GoDaddy on 11/5/09 at 11:15 pm. Classnames.net shows Overall Order Status as Processing and the Current Status as "Auto verification of transfer request initiated" which has been the case since I submitted the request. What is the holdup? Is there something I overlooked doing? Thanks for your help.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 at 12:14 AM - Response #15

Hi Kate,

There was a Resend Verification Email link on the details page for the transfer. I clicked that - you should be receiving another verification email from classnames.net in the morning.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 at 3:10 PM - Response #16

Worked great! Thanks so much. I have some questions about the agreement. Do I ask them here or should I e-mail someone?

Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 1:02 AM - Response #17

Hi Kate,

You can ask them here or email info@classcreator.com.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.