ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Check from credit card payments

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/27/11 09:24 PM Views: 1301 Replies: 7
Friday, May 27, 2011 at 9:24 PM

We received our first check today but it was made out to the person to send it to instead of our school name.
The check needs to be made out to our school name for the bank account we are using. Should I set up our payment info differently?

Friday, May 27, 2011 at 10:24 PM - Response #1

Yes, it looks like your Reunion Planner, Payment section has YOUR name instead of the school's name.

Search for this section in your Reunion Planner to change it.

PAYMENT ADDRESS

The following payment information will be used by Class Creator to issue checks or direct deposit for credit card payments received for your reunion:
* First Name

* Last Name

Friday, February 8, 2013 at 4:02 PM - Response #2

I had two credit card payments for our reunion, made on January 22. I opted to have a check sent to me. Any idea when I can expect that?

Edited 02/08/13 4:03 PM
Friday, February 8, 2013 at 4:17 PM - Response #3

Here is what the Reunion Planner, SHOW HELP says:

If you select check payments, checks will be issued directly to you every two weeks by Class Creator whenever your account balance is greater than $50. A check will also be issued whenever your account balance has not changed for more than 60 days (this allows final checks to be sent to you when your total is less than $50). Checks are issued every other Monday and are mailed on Thursday. Please be aware that funds received from credit card payments do not become available for disbursement for 5 Business days (this hold time is imposed by the credit card providers themselves). As a result, payments made within 5 business days of the check issuance date are not released until the following check.

Here is what your FUNDS page says:
The next check cycle is scheduled for 02/18/2013.
NOTE: Only funds that have been added prior to 02/13/2013 will be included.

Since your account balance isn't greater than $50, it will probably be 60 days or when your total gets above the $50 threshold.

Your current FUNDS total is $31.35

Friday, February 8, 2013 at 6:17 PM - Response #4

Thanks. I think I will encourage classmates to pay by check.

Friday, February 8, 2013 at 6:22 PM - Response #5

If the funds in the "Class Creator account" is more than $50, the checks are sent out every 2 weeks.

You could also sign up for Direct Deposit and then you could direct deposit the amounts to your local banking account and not have to wait for a paper check. (There is a limit to the number of FREE direct deposits per month... 2 free per month)

Friday, February 8, 2013 at 6:34 PM - Response #6

Thanks, Kyle. I expect most people will wait until we get closer to the date of the reunion (in June) to register, so I will switch to direct deposit.

Friday, February 8, 2013 at 6:58 PM - Response #7

Also, there isn't any limits to the amounts you can direct deposit. You could direct deposit "$0.01" if you wanted to, but it would still use up one of the direct deposits for the month.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.