ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Sender address on email to class

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/13/12 11:41 AM Views: 1176 Replies: 5
Friday, July 13, 2012 at 11:41 AM

I would like to have my emails set up so that responses are sent to me rather than to

Stella64

How/where can I set that up?

Thanks

Dorothy

Friday, July 13, 2012 at 11:46 AM - Response #1

Dorothy,

I think you are talking about this option on the PREFERENCES page:

Site Email "From" Name:    
Recommendation: Use your own name, the name of another Site Administrator, or the name of your School and Class.

Friday, July 13, 2012 at 3:46 PM - Response #2

Dorothy,

Are you talking about the private messages you send within your site or "email the class"?

Kyle, I came over here because of how I read Dorothy's message and thought... well, one never knows. Wink

Friday, July 13, 2012 at 4:21 PM - Response #3

I have made the change that Kyle referred to on your Preferences page (under Admin Functions). Now, whenever you send an email to the class, the messages will come from "Dorothy Drennen" and not "Stella64".

Friday, July 13, 2012 at 11:12 PM - Response #4

I want to use the "email the class" function, and enable my classmates to hit Reply and have that reply come to me rather than to .

I changed my preferences and sent a test message... but it has not arrived yet.

Thanks for your help!

Saturday, July 14, 2012 at 12:20 AM - Response #5

Hi Dorothy,

I am an admin like you. My understanding of 'email the class' is that you can send an email to all or select a group or an individual. As you have realized, the sending address is the noreply from our host, Class Creator.

Look at the bottom of one of your emails to find these three sentences in small print...note the two in bold:
This message has been sent to you from info@theadminsplace.com. You cannot reply directly. Click here if you wish to start a new email to info@theadminsplace.com.

(I inserted our TAP email address for this example.)

I prefer the text of the original message be in the reply, therefore I do not use the click here link. I input the correct email address. Otherwise, as you probably know, you will not receive the reply and the email bounces back to the one replying.

I understand it will be a disappointment. You may wish to add 'how to reply' to each email in a larger font - in a more prominent place in your email. You may wish to note it on your home page.

It was your original post above that brought me here as I understood what you were asking. Though what you are asking is the ideal situation, I have no idea if there is anyway our host, Class Creator, could make it work for us. We'll have to wait for the next reply. That shared, who knows... it may be on the 'wish list' (a list we have been adding to here in the forums under Suggestions) or an idea that can be added.

In case you do not know...
When you receive a message in your email from someone who used the Contact Us form, you need to copy their address from the body of the message to replace the noreply address or your reply again... will go nowhere.

One more thing about emails...
Due to the amount of emails sent from our sites, large amounts can overwhelm (for lack of the correct term) the system. Our emails out from our sites are not always sending to all classmates immediately. So if you are like me and tend to send out last minute emails, try to get those done a day or two earlier. Cool

If you use an email program such as Outlook Express, I can share what I learned awhile ago... it does not process sending one email to an unlimited number of recipients. One message must be sent to many different groups. Since learning that, I moved our site here and now use Email the Class from my sites. I reply using my email program, which is now Outlook Pro.

Too much info... maybe. Rolling Eyes

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.