ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

A shout out for all of your suggestions

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 05/18/15 09:58 AM Views: 1382 Replies: 2
Monday, May 18, 2015 at 9:58 AM

I want to give a shout out (thanks) for all of you who make suggestions on how to improve people's websites and reunions. We have incorporated many of them and plan to use others at the reunion itself. There has been so much interest in our website, that we have been averaging over 80 hits a day. I thought that would wane after awhile, but it continues to amaze me how much fun everyone is having. The "What's New" feature is especially helpful as people don't have to search all over the site for new classmates, birthdays, comments, photos, etc.

It has been 10 years since our last reunion, which was our largest ever. We thought we would be lucky to come close to that number, but our discounted hotel rooms for out-of-town classmates sold out in 5 days. We had to go back to the hotel to ask for more rooms. So now we are thinking we may exceed that number. We are now negotiating with airlines and rental car agencies to offer a discount too.

Our biggest challenge was the increase in prices over the last 10 years. We were afraid that the price we would need to charge would price many of our classmates out of coming. But even that concern has been reduced as we have raised over $15,000 in sponsorships and we are still nearly a year away from the events.

Once again, thank you for all of your suggestions and we will try to reciprocate as we find things that work for us.

Art

PS. One thing we did at our last reunion that people loved was to recreate our graduating processional. Each classmate was called up by name and fortunately the vice-principal who did it 40 years earlier was still alive to hand out a a mortar board (the hat) and a congratulations certificate. We showed it all on a big screen and everyone really loved it. Then we threw the hats in the air.

Monday, May 18, 2015 at 10:02 AM - Response #1

I forgot to mention one other thing we did that people loved. We handed out throw away cameras and set up a website for everyone to post their photos. For months after the event people were still reminiscing about the reunion. This time it should be even easier (and cheaper) as nearly everyone has a phone that takes photos and they can just upload them to the website we set up.

Sunday, May 31, 2015 at 1:05 AM - Response #2

Thanks, Art. I, personally, have used some of your ideas. Glad to hear how successful your reunion was. We're having our 55th reunion celebration in 2018. I'll be looking forward to your comments as we get closer to the date.
Thanks again for your input
Barbara

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.