ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Problems in new Profile format

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/22/13 08:32 AM Views: 820 Replies: 7
Sunday, December 22, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Hullo,

I have these problems so far in the new profile format.

1. All the photos are the same size. In the old format it was possible to choose the size of photographs -- important when some photos do not enlarge well. Now some of the photos are enlarged to sizes that are quite unsuitable. Some of these photos are historic and can't be replaced but look horrible when grossly enlarged from the original.

2. I really dislike the messy, intrusive invitation to comments throughout the profile and much preferred the general commentary feature at the end of the old profiles. But more to the point, where have all those comments gone? Some of the profiles in my class had attracted a rich exchange of comments and information, but these seem to have disappeared completely. How do we get them back?

Ian

Sunday, December 22, 2013 at 1:30 PM - Response #1

Some of us have been discussing both of these issues HERE. It's a long readWink

1. The photos are being forced to a display size of 600. Not only are the small ones not suitable, it also is degrading the old photos at 626. Uploads are 400 in the new format, but still 626 in the old.

My understanding is that the new will be the same as the old sooner or later. So that means the resizing should go away. If not, that will force me to adopt the old since photos are very important.

2. This is discussed there and some other places. Most (not all) agree that the commenting is intrusive. There will be new options where the admins can control where comments can be placed. For example, I'm going to turn of profile comments but enable photo comments and comments at the top.

Old comment removal has been reported. They are still there and will be restored to the "new" in a bit. At the bottom I think.

Thanks for the comments too. It's how CC gets a better picture of what's good and not so good.Idea

(I"m just a user like you, so this is not "official". The topic link I gave will give a better idea.)

Sunday, December 22, 2013 at 2:02 PM - Response #2

Thanks Jack, that's very helpful. I hope it all gets resolved.

I've decided just to use the option in Admin Preferences to switch back to the old format, which has worked fine for us.

Ian

Sunday, December 22, 2013 at 4:48 PM - Response #3

Ian, I'm sorry you chose to switch so quickly as the programmers are working everyday and changes are being noticed. When Class Creator has the option to switch to the social profile I hope you will give it a try.

Sunday, December 22, 2013 at 4:55 PM - Response #4

I will certainly look at it Gwen; but likewise, I hope CC will make it very clear to everybody that they have the option to stay with the old format. Ian

Sunday, December 29, 2013 at 4:55 PM - Response #5

Hi,
I accidentally changed to the old format. Thought that I would have a chance a chance to compare them, but I goofed.
I clicked too quickly, and now cannot return to the new profile format.
I had uploaded photos and video links, all are gone. Any way to retrieve the files and/or return to the new format. I was just starting to understand how I can make subtle changes in the settings. Was really starting to like the new format.
Uggh, sorry to be a bother,
lisa

Sunday, December 29, 2013 at 7:29 PM - Response #6

You are not a bother, Lisa. i will bring Scott into this to assist.

Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 2:46 PM - Response #7

Lisa, If you uploaded photos and videos while in the Social format then switched to the Classic, the photos are gone. You will need to upload them again. As to the ability to go back to the Social profile, there was a discussion about adding that option but it may be awhile. The thread regarding the profile change is currently at 290 posts (3 pages) found here: http://forums.classcreator.com/messages....E6E90D2BE4A99&page=1

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.