ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Link to Google Analytics

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/12/13 08:58 PM Views: 1416 Replies: 27
Friday, April 12, 2013 at 8:58 PM

I just noticed the link to Google Analytics on the Statistics Page. Sure makes it easy to get there. Thanks CC!

Saturday, April 13, 2013 at 4:26 PM - Response #1

I like the new Notify Me Statistics on the statistics page, but I'm a little confused. Clicking on the numbers doesn't give any results. I can't see which classmates have chosen which option. The four columns are Immediately, Once Daily, Never, and No Answer. For me, the numbers going across total 175. For the "An Administrator sends all class email" row I have 115 under Immediately. Do the numbers means that when I send out my weekly Sunday Summary and it says it is being sent to 175 classmates, are 60 classmates not really receiving it???

And then, for the ADMIN ONLY row, the numbers are 116 under immediately and 59 under No Answer. If this is administrators only, whom do these numbers reflect???

Doreene

Saturday, April 13, 2013 at 4:43 PM - Response #2

Doreene,
That was touched on in a thread I started:

http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?threadid=810B6357-1422-725F-3C5FC8222EB18D0E

I fully understand that maybe some classmates may not want 'us' as admin's to know what they are getting notifications on. It appears that CC is possibly considering something along these lines.

Saturday, April 13, 2013 at 6:38 PM - Response #3

Well, I kind of answered but own question. I see now that when I click on the number, then down below it lists everyone to whom an email can be sent. However, when I clicked on the 6 that never wanted to be notified when a new classmate signs up, my name was on the list! I went to another option and then clicked on the 6 again and my name was no longer there. ??? But I still don't understand why I have 116 ADMINS ONLY!

Sunday, April 14, 2013 at 9:47 AM - Response #4

F C Bock wrote:

I just noticed the link to Google Analytics on the Statistics Page. Sure makes it easy to get there. Thanks CC!

I must be missing this. I don't see it. Where is it on the page?

Sunday, April 14, 2013 at 10:13 AM - Response #5

Barbara, It's one of the four options below the bar graph on the Statistics page.

Doreene

Sunday, April 14, 2013 at 10:19 AM - Response #6

I presume you have Google Analytics set up for your site. If you don't there won't be a link to it. You set it up at the bottom of your Preferences page.

By the way you can ignore this just below the box where you paste the code. " Note: You must have a domain name to use this feature — if your site does not have a domain name please leave this box blank." A domain name is not necessary.

Edited 04/14/13 11:46 PM
Sunday, April 14, 2013 at 11:24 AM - Response #7

F C Bock wrote:

I presume you have Google Analytics set up for your site. If you don't there won't be a link to it. You set it up at the bottom of your Preferences page.

I have 3 sites. I think I am now logged in here under the one site where I DO have Google Analytics set up. However, I do not see this choice on my Statistics page.

Sunday, April 14, 2013 at 11:39 AM - Response #8

Something was amiss with my code on the Preferences page. I deleted it and re-added it and now I have the link on the statistics page.

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 at 12:53 PM - Response #9

I don't see the link to Google Analytics on my Statistics page. I do have a code which I input...I checked the Google Analytics site and confirmed that the code I entered is correct. But clearly something else is wrong since no data are being collected on the Google Analytics site....help please.

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 at 1:27 PM - Response #10

Wolverine 1 - the code on your preferences page does not look like the proper embed code for Google Analytics.

Thursday, August 8, 2013 at 1:05 PM - Response #11

Thanks. I fixed the code...but still no link on my Statistics page to Google Analytics...?

Thursday, August 8, 2013 at 1:14 PM - Response #12

Yes. Your stats will be tracked at your GA login

Thursday, August 8, 2013 at 1:31 PM - Response #13

I must have been sleeping the past few weeks or longer because I'm sure I was clicking on a link on the Preference page under Google Analytics that took me right into my account. I liked that very, very much. Was anyone else in my dream?

Thursday, August 8, 2013 at 1:36 PM - Response #14

Gwen Corey wrote:

I must have been sleeping the past few weeks or longer because I'm sure I was clicking on a link on the Preference page under Google Analytics that took me right into my account. I liked that very, very much. Was anyone else in my dream?

I still can but my "preference" is to use the link on the Statistics page.

Thursday, August 8, 2013 at 1:37 PM - Response #15

Bob Bratzler wrote:

Thanks. I fixed the code...but still no link on my Statistics page to Google Analytics...?

Wolverine, The link is in the 2nd sentence in the paragraph above the code box.

"Want to track your Class Creator site with the web's most advanced tracking solution? Sign up for an account with Google Analytics (it's free)."

The words "Google Analytics" are linked to the analytic site. Since I have my gmail account open, I click on sign in and am automatically in. Now if all my sites showed. I'm not sure where to find the other one. LOL

And yes, I can click twice to get in. Still do not think it was a dream though. Wink

Thursday, August 8, 2013 at 2:23 PM - Response #16

F C Bock wrote:

...and then she reads F C's original post in this thread! Ugh!

Suggestion: Might the same link be added to the Google Analytics info on the Preferences page? Or the Google Analytics moved to the Statistics page...

I was NOT dreaming.. just on a different page! Very Happy

Monday, January 6, 2014 at 2:08 PM - Response #17

Could you please check and see if our code is correct? I've tried numerous times and still nothing (no info on our G. A. acct either) Very frustrating.

Thanks
Jim

Monday, January 6, 2014 at 2:10 PM - Response #18

Your Google Analytics code is incorrect. There's a fair amount of code that needs to go into this box. Please log back into your Google Analytics account and specifically copy the embed code they instruct you to add to your site. The code is about 10 times the length of the code you've got in the box currently.

Monday, January 6, 2014 at 3:25 PM - Response #19

Hi Brad,
Thanks so much for the quick response. I finally found the proper code, pasted it, now I'll see what happens. As of right now, I don't see GA link on my statistics page, but I'll keep playing around with it.

Thanks again,
Jim

Monday, January 6, 2014 at 3:58 PM - Response #20

It's still showing "Tracking Not Installed" on G. A. after numerous attempts of copying, pasting and saving preference on my Preferences page. It's not really important, but it would be kind of fun to have it working.

Thanks again for steering me in the right direction, Brad
Jim

Monday, January 6, 2014 at 5:27 PM - Response #21

Let me move this thread to a private discussion. Then I'd like you to paste your Analytics code here.

Monday, January 6, 2014 at 5:32 PM - Response #22

Please forgive me Brad, but what would you like me to do, paste the code on this thread? Just tell me what to do and I'd be happy to oblige.

Monday, January 6, 2014 at 5:41 PM - Response #23

Never mind, you're only going to send me what I now see on your Preferences page. Although I'm hardly an expert on the code Google provides, everything looks correct to me. Google changes things from time to time. I wonder if they've updated something. Although I haven't heard of any other issues with Analytics code. I've verified the code you put in the box is definitely on your web site. So either Google changed something, or somehow something's still not right with the code. If you'd like, click on our main contact page and give me your Analytics login and password. I'll understand if you do not with to provide this info, but I'll only be going in there to see if something has changed and to ensure that everything is correct with the code being generated and pasted.

Monday, January 6, 2014 at 6:32 PM - Response #24

It's not instantaneous. Wait a dayWink

I.C.G.S. Reunion wrote:

As of right now, I don't see GA link on my statistics page, but I'll keep playing around with it.

Monday, January 6, 2014 at 6:35 PM - Response #25

Google is posting an *exact* time it checked for the existence of the code. And no dice. We'll wait a day anyway. Smile

Monday, January 6, 2014 at 6:50 PM - Response #26

I don't remember exactly how long I had to wait before, but longer than I expected. We'll find out now.

Monday, April 10, 2017 at 4:12 PM - Response #27

The trigger that brings up the "More statistics in Google Analytics" has been updated, so that the link should appear if you have Google Analytics in your Preferences window.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.