ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Proposed new social profiles

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/23/13 06:59 AM Views: 804 Replies: 2
Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 6:59 AM

HI,

Congratulations on the website improvements that you will be making. I'm really looking forward to those shown on your first three explanatory videos.

I looked at the second set of vids and have a couple of questions about the Social Profiles feature which is still in development.

1. I hope that "Yearbook Photo" isn't going to be built in to the page, or that if it is, it can be turned of by administrators. There is no such thing as a yearbook with photos in non-USA schools so it would look very odd to all your foreign users, who would just have a captioned blank space in everybody's profile.

2. I hope it will be possible for administrators and/or individuals to turn off the new commentary boxes in the social profiles if they wish. More recent graduates are used to scribbling on each others' Facebook pages, but older classes like mine (whose members are almost 70) might be a bit bewildered, or find it intrusive.

Thanks and keep up the great work,

Ian

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 8:41 AM - Response #1

Everything about the Facebook Integration module will be optional. You won't need to even turn it on if you don't want to.

Since it is still in development, we will consider your comments.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 9:35 AM - Response #2

The Profiles actually take on about 7 different appearances based on the data pulling into them. There's no blanks no matter what. I.E. if you have no yearbook photo, the layout adjusts for that. In general though, we'll come out with new features we think by default will accommodate most needs. There will be various tweaks people will suggest after release to meet their specific needs, and then we'll try to accommodate that as best we can.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.