ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

yearbook photogallery problems

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/06/11 03:08 PM Views: 1318 Replies: 1
Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 3:08 PM

I have our class yearbook on disc (200 pages as .jpeg files). I have started to create a photogallery of it on our NewBedford65.com website. I had fairly good success uploading the first few page images. I was able to select and upload a few page images at once, but then I started experiencing uploads of even single page images, freezing after progressing to around 50% or 60%. I am not sure what the source of the problem is. Any suggestions on how to proceed are appreciated.
Henry Laferriere
PS I also notice that our available storage capacity is approaching 75%.Please send info on purchasing additional storage space.

Friday, July 8, 2011 at 12:49 PM - Response #1

Wow. That is a lot of files. Honestly, the best solution for yearbooks that I have seen is offered through issuu.com. You would need to have all of your photos together as 1 long PDF file, but their system can convert that to a "flip book" that is easily browsed. Other admins may have other suggestions as well.

As for the file vault space, if you need to purchase more, we offer blocks of 50MB for $3 per month. You can add this to your subscription on the Subscription page once you get close to using all of your allotted space.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.