ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Home page problems

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/21/16 02:18 PM Views: 904 Replies: 4
Monday, March 21, 2016 at 2:18 PM

I'm having trouble with my home page. I updated the announcements and in so doing the right module things would no longer share the page. They would come first and then the announcements below them. When you first logged on it made it look like the home page was empty. I finally had to delete all the right module things so that the announcements would appear at the top of the home page but I would like to ultimately have all the right module things side by side with the announcements. How do I do that? Chris

Monday, March 21, 2016 at 2:35 PM - Response #1

Chris,

The problem is because you are using spaces and tabs to place your images. What this translates to in the display language is HARD SPACES (non-wrapping spaces). Everywhere there are multiple spaces, the browser cannot wrap the content at those locations. Instead of using spaces and tabs, it is better to use a TABLE to contain your images and then you can place them in the cells of the table and not use spaces to position the images.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 1:49 PM - Response #2

Kyle,
I thought I had read somewhere here in the forums that use of tables could present problems with the responsive design because the tables don't scale properly. Is this correct?
Thanks.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 2:18 PM - Response #3

That is correct. You should minimize the use of tables when using the responsive template to avoid unintended page "blowouts".

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 7:50 PM - Response #4

By defining the table data line with something like 'td style="width: 100%;', the table responds to changes in the browser's view port size with no "blowout".

Edited 03/22/16 7:52 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.