ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

"upgrade my photo gallery" radio button

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/16/08 07:22 PM Views: 1750 Replies: 10
Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 7:22 PM

Brad

Has the site support stated if we should be selecting the "Upgrade My Photo Gallery" button from the "Edit/Upload Photos" page. This wasn't there when I first uploaded and since clicking it might cause further problems everyone should what to select.

If anyone has selected this, what was the outcome?

Thanks for your help with this

Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 8:14 PM - Response #1

In order to do any uploads, you MUST upgrade your photo gallery.

We've actually been manually upgrading everyone's photo galleries and it's a slow process with over a quarter million photos uploaded =) The ability to upgrade your own manually was put in place in case you wanted to upload more photos before we auto-upgrade your gallery.

Go ahead and do it, it's safe!

Friday, October 17, 2008 at 9:42 AM - Response #2

The new upload features work great, and I especially like the fact that you can upload multiple photos at the same time by just clicking on the first photo, holding down the shift key, and clicking all other desired photos--what a great time saver--thanks to Brad and his staff for this great new feature.
Jim

Saturday, October 18, 2008 at 3:51 PM - Response #3

Thanks Jim. And this will be particularly helpful too when we launch the upcoming gallery feature, as you'll be able to select whole blocks of photos and upload, rather than doing everything 1 by 1. We've got 3 nice photo gallery layouts ready to roll shortly -- just a matter of getting them integrated into the system now.

Edited 10/18/08 3:55 PM
Sunday, October 19, 2008 at 9:49 AM - Response #4

Have I missed something? I don't see an "upgrade my photo gallery" radio button on my site. Confused

Sunday, October 19, 2008 at 11:14 AM - Response #5

(sorry if this gets posted multiple times)

ALL existing members have had their photo galleries upgraded now.

However, new users are still created with an OLD style photo gallery so any photos uploaded as part of the member signup wizard get put into the old photo gallery, and then as soon as they try to upload a new photo, they are prompted to update their photo galleries.

We also are running a nightly process to update new user's photo galleries as well.

Sunday, October 19, 2008 at 11:19 PM - Response #6

Ok, how do I get this upgrade. I'm trying to upload all of the photos from our reunion onto a customizable link and I'm unable to upload multiple photos. Please let me know, it would save me a TON of time!

Sunday, October 19, 2008 at 11:32 PM - Response #7

Cindy Mulcahy wrote:

Ok, how do I get this upgrade. I'm trying to upload all of the photos from our reunion onto a customizable link and I'm unable to upload multiple photos. Please let me know, it would save me a TON of time!

Cindy, unfortunately it only applies to profile photos right now.. Sorry!

Monday, October 20, 2008 at 2:19 AM - Response #8

Ah Rick beat me to it. Smile

We have 3 new photo gallery layouts ready to roll shortly, I just need Rick to insert his cool multiple photo uploader (same one in the Classmates page now) in there. He's been busy doing a zillion other things (making the system run faster and faster) but maybe I can bribe him to make time for the photo galleries too. Smile

Monday, October 20, 2008 at 9:57 AM - Response #9

Can you define shortly? Any chance this week? We just had our reunion this past weekend and I've got almost 100 photos to upload and would love to use the new feature but also want to get them posted soon. Please let me know.

Thanks!

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 at 12:15 AM - Response #10

No it will not be this week. Our first goal is to launch the new themed designs, and then the new Preferences area. And after that galleries will be at the top of the list. Until the galleries are live you might want to use photobucket.com or slide.com to host your reunion photos.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.