ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

How to restore defaults on Profile Generator questions?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 06/22/09 08:31 AM Views: 1652 Replies: 6
Monday, June 22, 2009 at 8:31 AM

How do I restore defaults on those first "Do not change intent" Profile Generator questions? I did change intent before I carefully read the "Do not Change" directions.

Edited 06/22/09 8:32 AM
Tuesday, June 23, 2009 at 1:53 AM - Response #1

There is no restore default, as it would wipe out everything you've done if there was such an option. Best thing to do is just change the question back. Did you change the "Attending Reunion" question? If so that's the real biggie.

I'd normally go in and figure it out if it weren't for the fact I'm swamped after driving across the country the entire day and night. If you'd like, just go to Class Creator and make a new trial site (you can do this in less than 5 minutes if you just enter an email address and leave everything else blank). And then go into Edit Profile mode. There you can see the default questions and wording. The site will just expire 7 days from now.

If you need assistance in restoring this let me know. I'll be back in the "real world" tomorrow afternoon and would be happy to figure out what's changed.

Thursday, February 1, 2018 at 2:48 PM - Response #2

Brad,

My assistant change some of the Default Questions. Is there a way find out what the original question was for the default system questions.

Knowing the original, i may be able align it with the stored data.

Thanks Larry

Thursday, February 1, 2018 at 4:12 PM - Response #3

I will be able to do this. However, please understand that once I do so, you will need to request your members to adjust their answers as well. Please confirm and I will proceed.

Thursday, February 1, 2024 at 3:46 PM - Response #4

Hi I would like assistance that was suggested to fix/restore profile generator questions

Thursday, February 1, 2024 at 5:45 PM - Response #5

Can somebody please help me fix my profile generator! If I can get it back to the default form, I will let the class know what needs to be done.

Thursday, February 1, 2024 at 8:51 PM - Response #6

Hi Kimberly,

Philip has been in touch with us on this issue. Here is the response I gave to him which covers this same matter:

Hi Philip,

For now I have changed the Mailing address field back to a Favorite Teacher field because far more answers match the Favorite Teacher field.

Mailing address is part of the default system under Member Functions > Edit Contact info -- this information is private (not public) and is available to admins only.

I highly recommend not having an address field on the profile and instead directing classmates to update their contact information under Member Functions > Edit Contact Info.

I did create a new mailing address field but made it inactive only so I could copy over an example of what you had for mailing address should you decide to add it later.

Do you recall when you made this change and how many people have responded to it? If not, you can download the Manage Classmates > Download Class List by year and review the field to see who added an address rather than a teacher comment and go remove those or move them to their Details page under
Manage Classmates > Enter/Edit Classmates > Details page (contact info) and Profile (to remove address entered under Favorite Teacher).

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.