ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Class Reunion Invitaion

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/25/10 07:22 PM Views: 2837 Replies: 14
Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 7:22 PM

Brad and Crew,

Is there anyway that I can make it to where the Invitation will print if people want to prink it and I would also like to email everyone the invitation itself. Is there a way to do that too! If so is it an easy process? I am self taught on this whole class site thing and some stuff I just don't get, if explained in computer programmer language. Very Happy Embarassed

Edited 02/25/10 7:23 PM
Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 7:46 PM - Response #1

Well you've come to the right place, because Yours Truly is NOT a computer programmer. In fact I don't know a lick of programming code. This is going to have to remain our little secret, but when I give those fancy forum answers that pertain to programming, I only know the answers because I've dragged a programmer in my office and chained him to my desk until he's fully spilled his beans on the answer.

I will answer your question about your reunion invitation, but first I need to know more about the invitation itself. Is it a Word document, is it a PDF document, is it a what exactly? Whatever it is, where is it now? Only on paper, a copy on your local computer, have you put a copy of it in your File Vault? Let me know these answers and I'll give you the next steps.

Edited 02/25/10 7:47 PM
Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 8:07 PM - Response #2

Brad don't kid yourself...
We know you as the "Go to Guy" it does not matter how it works -- but that it does!!

We all know you for getting this running and making a fine business tool for all of us with the similiar dream of re-connecting with our High School Past!

You and all at CC have done this even with the help of all of us with above average computerease knowledge...

We are at some point all self taught. I can say I have learned as much from other user's with similiar issues!!

Again we know your the man!!! Or the exhaulted one who will get us an answer!

Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 9:03 PM - Response #3

Hi Brad,
For our 60th Birthday party weekend, we may have a need to have a form (Word document) that we want our classmates to print, fill out and then send to our financial person along with their check (we are asking for checks to be sent directly to our financial person at her address). The form will include all details on their lunch and dinner choices for those they are registering and paying for which can include the classmate and members of their family. This way the financial person will know what they are paying for when she gets their check and we'll have their choices to give to the caterer and restaurants too. I'm not sure that the reunion planner can do what we want to do for this (I'm still trying to figure it out). It would be great if I could add a print (or a download and print) button along with that form instead of telling them to copy, paste it into a word processing document and then print it! Elaine

Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 10:14 PM - Response #4

Very funny Brad, now I know how it really works! lol Smile

The part I created under the "Register Here" link on our web site is our invitation. Is this usually where people create their invitations? Very Happy

Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 11:04 PM - Response #5

Terry Sweeney wrote:

Brad don't kid yourself...
We know you as the "Go to Guy" it does not matter how it works -- but that it does!!

We all know you for getting this running and making a fine business tool for all of us with the similiar dream of re-connecting with our High School Past!

You and all at CC have done this even with the help of all of us with above average computerease knowledge...

We are at some point all self taught. I can say I have learned as much from other user's with similiar issues!!

Again we know your the man!!! Or the exhaulted one who will get us an answer!

He he he. Smile Ok I enjoyed that.

Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 11:11 PM - Response #6

Hey we're going through the last of those cookies now Elaine. Thanks again for that, you and all of you here are terrific.

Ok, 2 possible answers for you on this one:

1) If you want to do this online, just use your Survey Maker. Don't let the name fool you. We called it "Survey Maker" because its primary purpose was to make surveys, but in reality it's just a fancy dancy form generator. You can generate any kind of form you want, with all of the questions you want, and all of the answer types and answers you want. Results can be set so only you can see them, or results can be set so all Classmates can see collective answers (not anybody's specific answers, but collective classmate tallies). So most likely you can accomplish with your Survey Maker the same thing you were going to do with your paper form. It would just be much cooler, more efficient, slicker and less expensive with the Survey Maker. Smile

2) If you determine you have a need to do the paper form anyway, just print your document to the PDF format. That's far better than hoping everybody has MS Word or the same version of Word that you have. If you want to give everyone a PDF file just do this:

a) Go into edit mode for any page
b) Click your chain link icon
c) Click the File Vault button
d) Upload your PDF file to your File Vault
e) Now use your Email The Class function to send everybody a link to your PDF file. Right from their email they'll be able to simply click the link, open up your PDF file, and print it. If you decide to go this route let me know and I'll assist you with getting your link to the PDF file into your email.

Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 11:17 PM - Response #7

Yvette Allen wrote:

Very funny Brad, now I know how it really works! lol Smile

The part I created under the "Register Here" link on our web site is our invitation. Is this usually where people create their invitations? Very Happy

Ok ya stumped me. Where exactly is the "Register Here" link on your site? I clicked your Reunion Planner link and see that your reunion is currently off.

Very cool 80s background on your site by the way.

Edited 02/25/10 11:17 PM
Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 11:24 PM - Response #8

What site are you looking at www.payette80-89.com or www.payette87.com. The site we are currently getting ready for a reunion is www.payette80-89.com and "Register Here" is over in the left hand column and my reunion is in the on mode! Smile Thank you about the background.Smile

Edited 02/25/10 11:25 PM
Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 11:41 PM - Response #9

Oh I see. I just clicked the "View Site" button before your logo and was looking at your other site.

Yes, that's an excellent use of your Reunion Planner. And calling your link "Register Here" is a good idea. Can't make it much more obvious than that what the link is for. I think you've created a really nice reunion registration page, nice job.

Friday, February 26, 2010 at 12:30 AM - Response #10

Thank you Brad, that means a lot! Smile

Friday, February 26, 2010 at 12:41 AM - Response #11

I am very interested in you helping me with the PDF file, linked to an email. O.K. but first, what is a PDF fileEmbarassed

Edited 02/26/10 12:42 AM
Friday, February 26, 2010 at 2:03 AM - Response #12

The simple answer is PDF stands for "Portable Document Format." With PDF, you can make a document using virtually any Windows software you want, then simply "print" the document to the PDF format. Rather than having to have the source application to view the document (Word, etc.) people now only need the free PDF reader from Adobe.com. PDF makes it very easy to share documents in a way that all people can open and use them.

If you want a far more detailed explanation, here you go.

Friday, February 26, 2010 at 8:07 AM - Response #13

Some programs have a link under the FILE menu to "Print to PDF". For other programs, you need to download a PDF generator program that you install as one of your printers and when you print to that PDF PRINTER, it will ask you for a file name and save the file in PDF format.

This forum also gives details

http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?messageid=E0630818-BA9C-9315-55EBBD01AC88FF51#E0630818-BA9C-9315-55EBBD01AC88FF51

Friday, February 26, 2010 at 3:25 PM - Response #14

Thank you to both of you, I will try and figure this all out, but wouldn't it just be faster and easier, if you did it all for me! Smile Smile Smile Just kidding! I will try it and if I start throwing things around a screeming because I can't figure it out right....I will be running to you again! :~)

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.