ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Incarceration

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/14/09 08:29 PM Views: 1254 Replies: 3
Saturday, March 14, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Brad,
We have a classmate on the "missing classmates" list that has been incarcerated for a number of years and probably will not be getting out. How can I "release" him from the missing list without deleting him from the classmates list? His brother has been added as a guest to our site so I really don't want to delete the classmate!

Saturday, March 14, 2009 at 9:08 PM - Response #1

Change the Classmate's email address to "notmissing". Poof, the Classmate is now off your Missing List. The instructions for this are under your Missing Classmate criteria area, but this particular item is often missed.

Saturday, March 14, 2009 at 9:54 PM - Response #2

We've had the subject come up a good bit, as we have a few "incarcerated" classmates. We have actually joked that we were going to add an inmate page. I am interested to know how others have handled this. We did delete one that was on the classmate list that is no longer in jail, but he was convicted of sex crimes and I was concerned about him being able to see others profiles. Luckly he hasn't requested to join our site and I'm not sure how I will handle it when he does. Since this is "my" site I do have the right to do that don't I?

Saturday, March 14, 2009 at 10:45 PM - Response #3

Yes. Web sites are private. You own it, you pay for it. Classmates participate at your pleasure.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.