ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Switching Last/First name order

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/14/09 07:50 PM Views: 1203 Replies: 2
Saturday, March 14, 2009 at 7:50 PM

Howdy,

When I uploaded the .csv file with my class list, I goofed and had Last names in the first name column and First names in the last name column. This makes searching for people very difficult as it's now alphabetical keyed to the first name rather than the last. I already have had several classmates sign up and input their details so starting from scratch and uploading a new class list is not a viable option. Is there an easy way to re-order the first and last names besides doing it name by name?

cheers,

Saturday, March 14, 2009 at 9:13 PM - Response #1

I can give you a pretty manageable solution for this, yes:

1) Click on your Classmate Profiles page and then in the key click the "User has created a Profile" link. This will give you a list of only participating Classmates. Print that list on your printer.

2) Click Manage Classmates, and then Select the Upload Classmates button. Click on Reset Class List. On the resulting screen you will be shown all of your Classmates.

3) Using your printout, deselect all Classmates that are already participating in your site. Once you're ABSOLUTELY SURE all active members have been deselected, go ahead and reset your Class List. This will remove all Classmate names who've not yet joined your site.

4) Now switch your names in Excel. Remove any Classmates on your paper list. Save your file out to .csv format again and reupload.

Voila, problem solved.

Saturday, March 14, 2009 at 9:16 PM - Response #2

Cool! That sounds do-able. Thanks for the quick reply.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.