ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Received Email of new message from Postmaster but no email

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/27/08 10:02 PM Views: 1212 Replies: 1
Wednesday, August 27, 2008 at 10:02 PM

Today I got a notification email from postmaster@classcreator.com stating I had a new message at the web site from "one of our classmates email address". The next line says please click here to view your message. THERE IS NO PLACE TO CLICK.

There is no message on the site from this classmate or his email address.

So what happened and how do I resolve it? It seems I am having two problems with the site at the same site (see previous post).

Thanks for any help.

Bruce

RESOLVED!!!!!!!! I GUESS I HAVE TO BE MORE PATIENT.......I RECEIVED THE LOST EMAIL AT 7:10PM...I WAS NOTIFIED IT WAS AT THE WEB SITE AT 4:17PM. THAT IS ABOUT 3 HOURS AFTER BEING NOTIFIED. Isn't that excessive?

Edited 08/27/08 10:27 PM
Thursday, August 28, 2008 at 2:28 AM - Response #1

1) The link in your email is not clicakble because you are not allowing html and/or email links to be clickable in your own email software. This is the default on many email programs such as Outlook Express. If you want your links and/or html in emails to work, you need to go into your Preferences and enable html in emails. We can only send a link -- we cannot stop your email program from striping out the link before you open your email.

2) Email sent through your site is instant (the notice advisign you there is an email will take longer to arrive, but the email itself is instant). The delay in receiving it would be under 1 second. Thus I can only imagine you were looking at a cached page and thus assuming the email had not come in. If that happens again just press reload or refresh on your web browser. You can also change your browser properties to always pull pages fresh from the web server and not cache anything.

Edited 08/28/08 2:29 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.