Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

password reset - multi admin's

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/12/10 01:40 PM Views: 1412 Replies: 3
Sunday, September 12, 2010 at 1:40 PM

Probably missed this somewhere, but:

Password reset issues

I would like some feedback from fellow administrators’ as to how you handle a classmate wanting a new password [because they have forgotten theirs], and you allow more than one administrator to reset their password.

What are your ‘procedures’ for assuring that the password is not changed by a second admin., and the classmate has already changed it themselves?

Sunday, September 12, 2010 at 3:02 PM - Response #1

why doesn't the classmate just click the "FORGOT PASSWORD" link on your home page?

Sunday, September 12, 2010 at 3:36 PM - Response #2

computer illiterate - and don't you DARE tell any of them I said that!
[sorry - should have added that in the original post]

Edited 09/12/10 3:37 PM
Sunday, September 12, 2010 at 10:16 PM - Response #3

Steve, hello!

In defense of the aging classmates all over CC, I would like to say that the "Forgot Password" option often does not help as my people often put in an incorrect email. Last time I dealt with that, the system did not differentiate between the two errors. Maybe CC can address that in the overhaul?

My admins have specific responsibilities. That is all they deal with...photo gallery, fourms, in memory...everything else is handled by me or delegated by me. If we get word of a classmate crisis like log in errors and I am not online or I don't seem to handle it in a timely manner, the admins know to text me.

In addition, all site business handled by email by an admin is BCC'd to all other admins as an FYI.

Also, I limit the emails that other admins receive.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Margaret

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.