ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

In Memory

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 01/23/09 11:15 PM Views: 1376 Replies: 4
Friday, January 23, 2009 at 11:15 PM

Hope Im not asking too many questions! I wanted to test the link at the bottom of the In Memory page, where a classmate can notify the administrator of a deceased classmate. Noticed that the dropdown included classmates who were already identified as deceased. Shouldnt the deceased names be suppressed from this list or at least an indication that they are already deceased.

Friday, January 23, 2009 at 11:36 PM - Response #1

No, because many times an Admin knows a Classmate is deceased, but has no details. So the Classmate is just sitting in the In Memory page with nothing said about them at all. Another Classmate might have some details, or even offer to send a nice writeup. We need to keep everyone on the list, even if they are already marked deceased, so additional information can be provided if somebody wants to provide it.

Thursday, February 5, 2009 at 5:43 PM - Response #2

For Multi-years: Can you add a year filter to the Edit In Memory page like you did for the Manage Classmates page? The only place I can see deceased classmates by year is in their Classmate Profiles page and there it doesn't show me when they died.

I would also like to be able to see, on the Edit In Memory page, which names have text entries & photos so I can search for obits for the ones that don't have them.

You guys are awesome! Thanks!

Thursday, February 5, 2009 at 5:51 PM - Response #3

Year filter sounds good, thanks, added to Task List.

We have some icons and things coming for the In Memory page, although they're currently not a priority item on the Task List. They are coming though. Smile

Thursday, February 5, 2009 at 6:07 PM - Response #4

That will be terrific! I got all our 4,200 deceased uploaded & processed finally. Since we can't upload that Admin/Classmates Notes field I used the Telephone field to preserve our key Member# so it will match back to our Master when we download.

On the upload file I had merged the year of death into the Married Name so it would be there for me when I moved them over. Then I erased it after I got it from the picker, making sure they matched. Too hard to look those up individually otherwise.

Year of Death and the birthdate fields would be really good to have on the upload when you finally let us pick fields to upload. I had to drop all my full date of death and birthdates off, but it was worth it to get a permanent archive of obituaries & remembrances for all the classmates. Now everybody can see them, not just the board member who has all the computer backup files.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.