ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Bulletin Board

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/23/09 09:11 PM Views: 1313 Replies: 3
Friday, January 23, 2009 at 9:11 PM

Is there a way, that classmates can upload scanned documents for me without having admin rights?
Something like a bulletin board. This way I could get more help, then be able to organize the scanned photos. I would also like to do the opposite. Post some scanned documents for another classmate to upload for me...

Friday, January 23, 2009 at 11:19 PM - Response #1

There is a new File Library feature coming, but it's only for Admins. Can I ask why you're wanting these people to help, but not wanting to make them Admins? I'm assuming there's other things on your site you're not wanting them to get into.

We also have an "Admin's Rights" module coming shortly, where you can assign specific responsibilities to each Admin without allowing them to control everything else on your site.

Saturday, January 24, 2009 at 12:13 AM - Response #2

Just seems too risky to give too many the admin rights, especially if their experience with computers is fairly low. Things could be deleted or changed without realizing. I have so many classmates that have a little something to add, and if they could just send it to me or the other admin we could manage getting it posted.
I may have mentioned before, that I would also like the ability to post scanned books somewhere for my other admin to pick up and post.
Is there another way to do this? Hope this makes sense, its getting late.
Cheryl

Saturday, January 24, 2009 at 2:41 AM - Response #3

The options are make somebody an Admin, or have things sent to you through email. I'm sure you'll be in interested in the Admins Rights module when that launches. It's pretty high on the Task List now. Community photo galleries are coming too, although those will only allow photos to be uploaded by Classmates into the gallery. The galleries will not accept submissions of any files that are not photos.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.