ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Classmate wants to unsubscribe

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/18/13 11:12 PM Views: 1175 Replies: 9
Monday, March 18, 2013 at 11:12 PM

I have a classmate that's requested we unsubscribe her from our website. We'd like to take her back to the way it was before she joined. I'm afraid if we click delete under Manage Classmates it will remove her name from the classmate list so she can't rejoin at a later date.

Is there a way of doing this? Thank you.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 11:43 AM - Response #1

You can go ahead and delete her and then manually add her name only back in under Manage Classmates > Enter/Edit Classmates. There is a an Add Member button at the top of the page.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 4:23 PM - Response #2

Thank you. Figures, it'd be a really easy fix, and so obvious to boot!

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 11:20 AM - Response #3

Hi Jessica!

Is there also a way to prevent an "unsubscribed member" from showing up again in the "Missing Classmates" (and possibly receiving email invitations) while still keeping their name listed in the database?

Alternatively, is there a way for admins to directly edit the Notify Me options on behalf of their members?

Thanks!

Terry

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 1:02 PM - Response #4

Teresa,

Hope this helps:

Under Admin Functions, click on Edit Site Pages.
Under Classmate Profiles, click on Edit Page.
Under the classmate's name click on Edit Details.
Just above Admin Notes, click the Missing Override button. See the discussion about how the Missing Override button works.

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 1:03 PM - Response #5

If they have unsubscribed that alone should not show them as missing. Admins can not edit classmate Notify Me settings. If there is a specific classmate you would like us to take a look at or assist you with you can go to this link and click the "Email" option and complete the form with additional details about the classmate or their settings http://www.classcreator.com/contact.cfm That sends us a private support form so the classmates details are not listed on the public forums.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 1:16 PM - Response #6

Thank you, Jessica and Scott.

The member has asked US to unsubscribe her and remove her email address, on her behalf. Is there a way to unsubscribe FOR her without deleting her profile?

I'll see what I can do first, but thank you for offering the individual help, Jessica, in the event I need it.

-Terry

Jessica wrote:

If they have unsubscribed that alone should not show them as missing. Admins can not edit classmate Notify Me settings. If there is a specific classmate you would like us to take a look at or assist you with you can go to this link and click the "Email" option and complete the form with additional details about the classmate or their settings http://www.classcreator.com/contact.cfm That sends us a private support form so the classmates details are not listed on the public forums.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Edited 12/04/13 1:20 PM
Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 2:43 PM - Response #7

Seems my co-admin just deleted her email address from her profile. I assume this means any attempts by our alumni to contact her will bounce back.

Can we just leave her entry like this?

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 4:32 PM - Response #8

You can. She won't be able to login without an email address in the system.

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 4:39 PM - Response #9

Okay. Thanks!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.