ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Changing Reunion Registration

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/23/09 08:36 PM Views: 3034 Replies: 20
Friday, January 23, 2009 at 8:36 PM

Two for one...

When I registered for the reunion I indicated that one person was attending.
But then when I went back to the 40th Reunion it asked again to register, so I did now I have 2. How do I change that?

If a person registers couldn't the registration part be dropped and review and change buttons be put there? That way if they cannot attend or want to add or subtract from the original number they could.

Also--in our profiles we indicate yes or no about the reunion. Wouldn't it seem logical that if someone says yes in the profile they would be sent to the part of the websute to complete the form? Then the statistics would be accurate. Right now I don't have an accurate count of people who are registering for themselves and perhaps a partner/spouse. Question

Edited 01/23/09 8:37 PM
Friday, January 23, 2009 at 9:15 PM - Response #1

Did you press the back button on your browser to get back to the registration form? If so, don't do that. Smile Because it already works just as you've described. Once you register, if you then go back to the Reunion link you'll see your prior registration info. And then if you want to add something else to it, like another ticket or something like that, you can do so.

Would it make sense if somebody selects "Yes" for the Attending Reunion question to send them to the registration form? No. Because most schools offer multiple forms of registration. Some are registering online, some registering in person, some registering over the phone, some through US Postal Mail, etc. We can't make the assumption that every person who turns that on next needs to be forwarded to the registration form. In fact, often Classmates are in the middle of joining the site for the first time when they indicate they will be attending the reunion. If we forwarded them to registration during the signup process I think it would be even more confusing.

In place of that, though, what we did do is pop up a message if anybody manually indicates they will be attending the reunion but haven't yet registered on the site. And the message informs the person that turning this icon on is just expressing intent to fellow Classmates that they are attending the reunion -- that turning this on is NOT a form of registration. The message concludes by informing the Classmate they need to officially register through whatever forms of registation are being offered by the class.

Edited 01/23/09 9:18 PM
Friday, January 23, 2009 at 9:22 PM - Response #2

Here, I went into the system and copied the exact verbiage for you so you can see exactly what Classmates see when they express they will be attending the reunion in their Profiles, but havent' yet officially registered:

"Please note, selecting this option lets us know you are planning to attend the reunion, but does NOT register you for the reunion. It's important that you ALSO register for the reunion so we have all of your details. You can find more information about how to officially register for the reunion by clicking the reunion information link on the web site, and then completing the registraiton steps. It's important that you do this, so please don't forget to officially register!"

Edited 01/23/09 9:25 PM
Friday, January 23, 2009 at 9:24 PM - Response #3

OK...I understand that, but how do I change me number?

Friday, January 23, 2009 at 9:26 PM - Response #4

Click Reunion Attendees, click Classmate Name, click Edit, change # to whatever you want.

Friday, January 23, 2009 at 9:30 PM - Response #5

When I copied this I saw the edit...but I still have 50.00 after my name. What????      
MCHS
Class Of 1969         
40-Year Reunion

Step 1 of 3
REUNION DETAILS
MCHS CLASS OF 1969
40TH REUNION

* More fun than you've had in years
* More friends than you've seen in years
* More memories to last a lifetime
MusicPlaylistRingtones
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

For current information keep reading this website or contact:kmodiset@roadrunner.com
MAP
40-YEAR REUNION REGISTRATION DETAILS (EDIT)

First Name:
      Karen
Last Name:
       Modisett
Email Address:        kmodiset@roadrunner.com
Street Address:        745 W. Main St.
Street Address 2:        
City:        Madison
State:        IN
Zip/Postal Code:        47250
# Of Parties Attending:        0
Names of Parties Attending:        Karen Modisett
We are thinking of only have beer or wine for alcoholic beverages. What type of beer or wine would you prefer?
: white wine...cheap
Would you like to have a class photograph taken at the reunion?
Yes
What would you like to see on the website?

ITEMS YOU HAVE ORDERED

NAME OF ITEM
       COST        QUANTITY        
TOTAL

Reunion Fee        
$25.00
       2        $50.00    

Grand Total:        $50.00    

ITEMS FOR SALE

If you wish to add any additional items, please select the items you wish to purchase below by checking the box to the left of the item title, and indicate the quantity desired for each item at the right.

NAME OF ITEM
       COST        QUANTITY    

Reunion Fee        
$25.00

Edited 02/08/09 11:32 AM
Friday, January 23, 2009 at 9:35 PM - Response #6

Well that's because you ordered twice. Smile

1) Click Reunion Attendees
2) Click your own name
3) Click the SECOND Edit button on the page
4) Delete one of your two orders

Friday, January 23, 2009 at 9:37 PM - Response #7

STOP HOLD THE PRESSES!!!

I actually read what your said, did what you asked and it's correct.

Yeah! You are much to quick for me... I just heard a ding on my email.

ThanksRazzEmbarassedWinkExclamationExclamationExclamation

Friday, January 23, 2009 at 9:48 PM - Response #8

WHAT? It worked? We can NOT have people reporting things in these forums that WORK Karen. These forums are for reporting things that DON'T work. Now cut it out.

Ok, time for my Friday night beer.

Edited 01/23/09 9:53 PM
Friday, January 23, 2009 at 10:20 PM - Response #9

Official Reunion Registration Form
Click
40th Reunion
Fill in the information including the number attending.
This information can be changed using the edit function.
I know I had to use it because I registered twice!
At this time payment will not have to be made before
July.
But I really want to know that YOU ARE COMING TO THE REUNION.
So please register

It looks prettier on my site...a little crude but to the point.

Monday, January 26, 2009 at 6:44 PM - Response #10

Oops--never mind

Edited 01/26/09 7:00 PM
Saturday, February 7, 2009 at 9:42 PM - Response #11

Classmates have registered for the reunion but did not complete the second part stating the number. How can I go in and correct that?

K

Saturday, February 7, 2009 at 10:14 PM - Response #12

You can adjust or delete an order once it's made, but Classmates have to order something for there to be something you can adjust. If a Classmate has not ordered something, they can still go into your reunion page and add something to their order.

Saturday, February 7, 2009 at 10:15 PM - Response #13

Hopefully you didn't read what I posted on the forum in this spot yesterday, so here goes a another different question.
Question
Is there a way to have the reunion list be put in alphabetical order? AND if when you go to add reunion attendee could there be a drop down list of the class names? AND could the part in the classmate profile that indicates that they might attend a/the reunion is no longer needed could the tally be hidden so classmates and ME don't get confused with "maybe I will come" and the official registration?

Again to Classcreator staff...what can I say, EmbarassedI went left and my mind went right. Embarassed
K

Edited 02/08/09 11:41 AM
Sunday, February 8, 2009 at 4:54 PM - Response #14

I know I figured that out after I lost my mind this morning.
I have emailed the people that need to go back in and fix that part. Please check my subsequent questions.

And if I could spell mia copa mia copa I would say it.
( I think that means I'm sorry...but it could mean pass the spaghetti)

K

Sunday, February 8, 2009 at 5:40 PM - Response #15

Ah no worries Karen, it's ok to be frustrated. It sounds like you've figured most things out, and no I didn't read what you posted previously (lucky you), but the good news is, when something is frustrating or not working like you want it to, then you report it here and we work to make it better as a team.

I think we've taken in over 100 recommendations for "Renion Planner II." So many that we could have full time staff devoted to that alone. All things come in time. I wish that was the only thing we had to work on, because it's very important, but we have about 400 other things (literally on the Task List) to also work on. Who knew the need on class web sites would be so big eh?

Stay tuned for some of the new things coming in Reunion Planner II. I think they will address most of your concerns. Note though, that we have to allow people to manually indicate if they are coming to the reunion or not. Most schools offer multiple forms of registration, i.e. not everybody is registering online. For those people, they need a quick way to simply indicate they are coming. And for others who have previously reigstered and then had a change of plans, they need to be able to unindicate they are coming. There may be better ways to address this, let's get some of the new Reunion Planner II tools in place and as things play out we'll discuss the various features.

Edited 02/08/09 5:41 PM
Sunday, February 8, 2009 at 8:19 PM - Response #16

Whew...

Saturday, May 17, 2014 at 8:03 AM - Response #17

Brad, thank you. I think you may have partially answered my new question with your response #1 and #2 here. However this thread is from 2009 and things may have changed since then. I'm going to start a more specific question thread titled "Reunion Planner Registration vs. Profile Reunion Attendance" where I will pose my questions. Thank you.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 at 3:17 PM - Response #18

It looks like that may have been missed when we redesigned the profiles. I have added the task to get that back in the page.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 11:04 AM - Response #19

Bernie... this prompt has been added back to the page.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 11:40 AM - Response #20

Thank you Scott!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.