ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Classmate problem with Firefox

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/06/10 06:51 PM Views: 1389 Replies: 2
Wednesday, January 6, 2010 at 6:51 PM

Hi I have a classmates who says she's having trouble with our website using Firefox. She says "Whenever I click on any of the links in the web pages I get a message from my browser that says "The plug-in performed an illegal operation" and suggests I exit the browser immediately. If I refuse to exit for some number of times it will eventually display the proper things, but I have to do that every time I click on another link. I am using Firefox as my browser; don't know if that's the problem. I can live with the annoyance, but I thought you should know." I don't know a thing about Firefox. Can you tell me what's happening and how I can help her? Thanks, Elaine

Wednesday, January 6, 2010 at 7:12 PM - Response #1

Elaine,

Most plugins use Adobe Flash Player. So if she is getting errors, she should probably update the flash player on her computer.

She can go to www.adobe.com or use the link below

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?promoid=BUIGP

She doesn't have to get the virus scan (associated with the link I provided)- that is optional.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010 at 11:37 PM - Response #2

Hi Kyle -- looks like that was the answer! The classmate responded: "Thanks. My out of date flash player has caused other problems as well, so that explains what's happening. Unfortunately, my operating system doesn't support the latest flash player version. No problem, I can live with it for now.

Thank you very much for checking and for the quick response!"

Thank you, Kyle!! Elaine

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.