ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Building Nested Galleries

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/29/14 01:26 AM Views: 1219 Replies: 6
Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at 1:26 AM

I had started creating galleries for several or our class reunions (e.g., 50th, 25th, 20th, 10th) but decided the left hand menu would be less cluttered if I had 1) "Photo Galleries", then 2) under that a gallery for each reunion, then 3) a sub-gallery for each event during a particular reunion.

I could create the gallery, for instance, "50th Reunion" within the link, "Photo Galleries".

However, when I tried to create a sub-gallery, "Friday Night", within the link "Photo Galleries - 50th Reunion" I couldn't seem to do it.

If this is permissible please tell me how?

Thanks.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at 12:17 PM - Response #1

I don't think that galleries can be arranged the way you want but you should be able to create the effect you want by using a general page for your top level link "Photo Galleries" and then creating a "50th Reunion" gallery link with galleries of "Friday Night," etc under it.

In edit pages you can put "50th Reunion" and any others sub-tier to the "Photo Galleries" page.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at 4:29 PM - Response #2

Hi Paul,

Take a look at my website at www.anadarkohs60.com. My System Password is anadarkohs60.

Look at the dropdowns from the Top, under "All Reunions & Events"

Is this close to what you are trying to do? If so, let me know, and I will try to remember how I did that a couple years ago. SmileSmile Probably, I can attach a screen print or something as how I setup in Gallery Creator.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 at 2:47 PM - Response #3

Hi Derrell,

What you did is exactly what I want to do. How did you do it?

Phil

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 at 3:03 PM - Response #4

Philip Mason wrote:

Hi Derrell,

Phil

It has been a while since I did that. Let me put some notes together, and I will get back to you in the next few days.

Sunday, September 21, 2014 at 4:27 PM - Response #5
Nested Galleries and Menu Links.jpg

Philip Mason wrote:

Hi Derrell,

Phil

Hi Philip,

Here is what I did, and I am also attaching a jpg file to display setup in Gallery Creator.

Everything is done in Gallery Creator. First, there are 2 creation buttons at the top; "Create New Photo Gallery Navigation Link", and "Create New Photo Gallery". All Photo Galleries must have a Link to navigate to.

On my attached file, the Navigation Links are marked by a STAR, and Photo Gallery is marked by a line. Also, you will see that Navigation Links don't really show Photos within, where Photo Galleries do of course.

Create the Navigation Links, which are very easy to just put in title. For instance, my HOST_All Events as an example. Below HOST_All Events there is another Link (2010 Reunion. You can go only 1 link, and a sub-link to that link, but under each Link and sub-link, there can be Photo Galleries.

So, under the 1st Main Link, I made 3 Photo Galleries, basically 'introductory' with a single Photo; i.e. - 2010 Reunion, 50 Yr. In the second sub-link (2010 Reunion), I made several Photo Galleries, such as WHO CAME, Class Yrs, Reunion Show, Group Picture and 4 more as listed.

All this is summarized on the attached JPG file, but PLEASE NOTICE, you have to use drag/drop (the little up/down arrow on far left) to put these "Nested Links" together and in order. I think my attached JPG will show you that. Also, when you are done, you have to check the box (second from left) to Activate. I will assume you are familiar with Preview, and setup of a Photo Gallery, but let me know.

Hope this helps. I have given a very basic explanation, so if you have questions in detail below these, let me know.

THE KEY IS MAIN LINK, WITH SOME GALLERIES TO SHOW. BELOW THOSE GALLERIES, SUB LINK, WITH MORE GALLERIES TO SHOW. ARRANGEMENT IS EVERYTHING IN ORDER TO GET NESTED LINKS.

Edited 09/21/14 4:48 PM
Sunday, September 21, 2014 at 6:01 PM - Response #6

Thanks. I did figure out a way similar to your method. Your method does more than I have tried to do so far.

Thanks for your help.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.