ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Event Planner Details Not Showing Up on Event Page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/18/22 09:41 PM Views: 3384 Replies: 22
Thursday, August 18, 2022 at 9:41 PM

I created a donation in Donation Manager and requested that it appear on the Home Page, the Donations page, and the Event Page. The donation appears on the Event Planner page but does not appear on the Event page itself which only shows the reunion events with RSVPs. The donation does appear on the Home page and the Donations page. What’s the problem?

Friday, August 19, 2022 at 12:33 AM - Response #1

HI Mark,

The donation is not part of page one. Page one of an event registration is the tickets and activities. Page two is names attending and any custom questions, page three and four have donations and products if you have those turned on and the final page is checkout with all items included.

If you go to Event Planner > Edit and look at the dashboard you can see the Activities and Events and below that is your active Donation so I'm sure you have it set up correctly, however, I also double checked Edit This Event to make sure you had the donation checked to active and you do.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Friday, August 19, 2022 at 7:40 PM - Response #2

Jessica,

Thank you for this. Believe I now understand. However, there's a related problem I can't figure out.

I would like to add a donation thermometer to the home page and the donation page. I've found a few such thermometers online but don't understand how I add them to our site. Some instructions involve the use of javascript which I don't quite understand.

Any help/directions you might give me would be great. Thanks.

Mark Liss

Friday, August 19, 2022 at 7:40 PM - Response #3

Jessica,

Thank you for this. Believe I now understand. However, there's a related problem I can't figure out.

I would like to add a donation thermometer to the home page and the donation page. I've found a few such thermometers online but don't understand how I add them to our site. Some instructions involve the use of javascript which I don't quite understand.

Mark Liss

Friday, August 19, 2022 at 7:40 PM - Response #4

Jessica,

Mark Liss

Saturday, August 20, 2022 at 2:07 AM - Response #5

Hi Mark,
The free fundraising Thermometers are easy to add to any page(s) you like. You fill in the parameters (goal amount, current amount received, color of thermometer, etc.) and they automatically generate the javascript code for you to copy. You then just open the Source Code Editor on the page(s) where you would like the Thermometer to appear and paste the Javascript code.

Here are two free examples:
https://www.silentpartnersoftware.com/free-tools/fundraising-thermometer/
https://www.boxelder63.com/Thermometer.htm

https://www.causevox.com/fundraising-thermometer/
https://www.boxelder63.com/Fundraiser-Thermometer.htm

Click the link below for examples.
Your text to link here...

Edited 08/20/22 2:29 AM
Saturday, August 20, 2022 at 12:32 PM - Response #6

Phil,

Thank you so much for the comprehensive information. Only one problem: I don't know how to open the Source Code Editor. Once I select Edit Site Pages, and choose the page I want to edit, I'm unclear how to proceed. And how do you choose how big the thermometer should be or where it should be located on the page?

Appreciate your help.

Mark

Saturday, August 20, 2022 at 12:32 PM - Response #7

Phil,

Thank you so much for the comprehensive information. Only one problem: I don't know how to open the Source Code Editor. Once I select Edit Site Pages, and choose the page I want to edit, I'm unclear how to proceed. And how do you choose how big the thermometer should be or where it should be located on the page?

Appreciate your help.

Mark

Saturday, August 20, 2022 at 12:39 PM - Response #8

Mark, check back here in a couple of hours. I will have a step-by-step procedure for you to follow.

Saturday, August 20, 2022 at 12:41 PM - Response #9

Thanks so much.

Saturday, August 20, 2022 at 2:05 PM - Response #10

Mark, just a couple more questions. If you looked at the two examples I provided yesterday there was a Smaller Thermometer and a large one. Which size do you like better?
Do you have a GOAL amount to collect? if so - what is it?
Have you collected any money yet towards that goal? If so - how much? Where on your home Page would you like the Thermometer to appear? I didn't see a "Donation" page on your site unless it is the "Bench" graphic.
Thanks

Saturday, August 20, 2022 at 3:22 PM - Response #11

Sample below...

Saturday, August 20, 2022 at 3:50 PM - Response #12

Phil,

I don't have a problem generating the javascript text for a thermometer. I've used the causevox site and am able to generate the javascript for the parameters (color, amount, etc.) I've chosen. My problem is what to do with the javascript.

I changed our site to deactivate the Donations page but I will reactivate it so I can the thermometer in case we want to use it again.

Saturday, August 20, 2022 at 4:19 PM - Response #13

Copy the javascript code you generated
Steps in CC:
1. Edit Site Pages
2. Go to the page you want the thermometer to appear on.
3. Edit Page
4. Click the "Source" item (upper L/H corner of the Editor screen)
5. Paste the javascript code you generated prior.
6. Be SURE to "Save Changes" at the bottom of the page.
7. That should do it
How to Update Donation amount:
You will go to the page where the thermometer is located and click the "Source" item. You will see the javascript code. Near the bottom is a value you can change, it is "progress-amount":"2809" (or whatever number you initally generated in the javascript). When you want to update the donated amount just change that number to whatever you want. Be SURE to Save Changes at the bottom of the page.

Edited 08/20/22 4:39 PM
Saturday, August 20, 2022 at 5:46 PM - Response #14

Thanks again. It worked fine. My only questions now is how you control the size of the image (right now it's too big) and how you control the location of the image on the page.

Saturday, August 20, 2022 at 5:46 PM - Response #15

Thanks again. It worked fine. My only questions now is how you control the size of the image (right now it's too big) and how you control the location of the image on the page.

Saturday, August 20, 2022 at 7:26 PM - Response #16

Did you want animation? That code is very difficult to do what you want. There is a much simpler code that is pretty easy to change the size and location with a bit of extra code added.

I can post an example if interested. It does NOT have animation but much easier in all other aspects.

This is the site. Pretty similar looking just no animation but very easy to manipulate attributes.

There are probably others too. I just hit this one that was simple first.

Saturday, August 20, 2022 at 8:21 PM - Response #17

Mark,
None of those sites provide size and screen location parameters. You could always grab a free google.sites account and place the same code there. Almost any size and location could then be used. See example below. You would then just link that page to your CC website.

Edited 08/20/22 8:22 PM
Saturday, August 20, 2022 at 10:33 PM - Response #18

Thanks so much. Appreciate the information. I'll see what I can do.

Saturday, August 20, 2022 at 10:34 PM - Response #19

Phil, Thanks so much for all your help.

Saturday, August 20, 2022 at 10:34 PM - Response #20

Phil, Thanks so much for all your help.

Saturday, August 20, 2022 at 11:01 PM - Response #21

Phil, that's what I meant about getting complicated. The problem is the way that code is made with svg.

The other code is super duper simple, I can make it Responsive, any size any location fairly easily on CC page. Minor extra style to "img" is all that is required for the one I linked to. Just not animated.

BUT if one wanted to have iframes, one can position easily with pure CC too. Just put the code in a separate html document in the file vault (wrapped with standard html) and then use that as "src" for the iframe. All stored on CC. One would change the linked source vs the actual page.

Here's a test page showing the animated thermometer. I can put it anywhere on the page using iframe position elements. And size is easily varied too.

It's a bit harder for most since iframes require one to maintain a separate file. Sorta easy but it does not flow the same as other stuff in CC.

Above is an example using all CC references with three thermometers just to show.

This is the key code to position and size the thermometer

This is the iframe source stored in the FILE VAULT [my thermo sample not one started with]

Edited 08/20/22 11:36 PM
Saturday, August 20, 2022 at 11:27 PM - Response #22

Mark, yes, that's the one I linked to. Not animated but much easier to use.

Here's how to modify the size for that one beyond what they gave. Any size is possible, not just medium and large.

Sample page -this is actually Responsive and will automatically adjust to page size for Responsive sites. Yours is classic. I just set the width to a percent of the page size.

The key is to change the img definition they supplied. This is the second image - size set to 15% of area. I made corners round but won't show for your page since image is white

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.