ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Member Access

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 03/14/09 08:27 AM Views: 1502 Replies: 5
Saturday, March 14, 2009 at 8:27 AM

We have a person who hasn't logged in since 9/08. His email address is no longer valid, and we have no other means to contact him. Not knowing his circumstances, we're reluctant to delete his profile or make any changes to the email/password.

Barring this, is there any administrative option to temporarily suspend messages sent to him?

Saturday, March 14, 2009 at 4:25 PM - Response #1

Interesting. We have Classmates, and Missing Classmates, but this is a whole new type of Classmate: A Missing Member. Sooner or later this was bound to happen. I'm surprised it took this long to have this question surface.

We have a Classmate "No Contact" option on the Task List, and when it makes the live system I think this will be your best bet. You'll be able to turn off the ability for Classmates to email this Missing Member until you find the Member, at which time you can disable the No Contact option.

Saturday, March 14, 2009 at 7:46 PM - Response #2

Thanks!

Saturday, July 18, 2009 at 6:37 AM - Response #3

Brad
The Classmate "No Contact" option will be great. I was wondering if you could look at a "suspend account" feature (tick - check box or something like that)? I know I can delete the account but I sometimes will get a classmate who refuses to put in the minimum information I requrest for verification after they register (usually address, phone). So could we have an option that makes a classmate inactive until such a time as they comply. I want to be sure of who is accessing the web pages but not too overbearing and I figured that a "gentle reminder" that not putting in the information will lead to account suspension mihgt do the trick.

Thanks..........Pat

PS - I'll give you a plug at our reunion weekend (they made me part MC for the event). Figure that all those classmates have kids, grandkids who need a reunion site - and we aren't even talking about family reunions - imagine the new business.

Saturday, July 18, 2009 at 1:00 PM - Response #4

Great, thanks for the plug! Smile

Let me ask you this: What's the difference between suspending somebody, and simply not verifying them until they've provided the minimum information you're asking for? In an unverified state the Classmate can do virtually nothing on your site anyway. Unless there's any significant difference I'm missing, I'm reluctant to add something additional to that part of the system as it's already one of the more complex things for new Administrators to understand as it is.

Saturday, July 18, 2009 at 4:23 PM - Response #5

Brad
That makes sense - will use that process. Great feedback as always.

Pat

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.