ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

person not on class list joined website

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/15/23 02:13 PM Views: 118 Replies: 5
Friday, September 15, 2023 at 2:13 PM

Hi,

I received an email in the wee hours (happened to be awake) that a classmate had joined our class website. I immediately knew this was NOT a classmate.

I looked and saw that this person, went as far as putting a fake yearbook photo along with then and now photos and some other data like ages of kids, address, emails etc.

What I don't understand is HOW were they able to set themselves up as a classmate? In the past, I have had a hi-jacker take over a classmate listing in the missing list but this one looked as if they were already on missing list and joined.

Hope I am making sense. I screenshot the email I received but I should have done the same for all the other info. I deleted them.

What happened? Any idea? Does CC have the capability to look back and see this person and their information?

Friday, September 15, 2023 at 2:20 PM - Response #1

Hi Meg,

Can you forward the join notice to info@classcreator.com. The only way they can join is to choose a name and join from the name they select.

If you have Verification turned on they can't see or do anything else on the site until you Verify them.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Friday, September 15, 2023 at 2:35 PM - Response #2

I will attach to your email. Sending it now

Friday, September 15, 2023 at 2:38 PM - Response #3

The name they used was NOT one of our classmates on our missing list. I even got an email from my co-admin asking me if I saw it and it was not a classmate.

I do have verification turned on and pages restricted to classmates only. The missing classmates is opened, obviously for those missing to find themselves.

Edited 09/15/23 2:39 PM
Friday, September 15, 2023 at 3:10 PM - Response #4

I just noticed the classmate id# shows as id=5002802.

Not sure if that is any help.

Friday, September 15, 2023 at 5:25 PM - Response #5

Okay...so thanks to Jessica, mystery solved!!

When we set up the missing classmates list on excel, this one name did not make it to that list. We used that list to research missing for our 50th reunion this past July. We were double checking that list quite a few times and so when me and co-admin got the email that his person joined, we both said, he was NOT a classmate.

It was late when I got email, I checked the address he provided and it was to a hotel in Mexico, the IP address showed Florida log in. With that little information I removed him.

Jessica checked our records and said he was originally there. With that said, I had to go pull out the bin I just put away from our 50th reunion and look at the master listing from the beginning of time and sure enough the individual was in fact there.

I don't regret removing him based on the information I saw. I had the site set to verify so I had no worries but will now add him back and if he appears again, I will certainly have extra questions for him!

Thanks to Jessica and the team for their help and patience!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.