ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Missing Classmates 0 for one class

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/26/13 11:59 PM Views: 1591 Replies: 12
Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 11:59 PM

On my alumni site, the Class of '83 has found a good percentage of their classmates. Is there a way to mark the override for the class without doing it one classmate at a time?

I think that would be best and then I can UNcheck those they are still looking for - 58/347.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 at 10:43 AM - Response #1

Hi Gwen,

Under Edit Site Pages > Missing Classmates there is an option to set what you would like the default to be for your site. You currently have it set to consider them missing unless they have joined the site, however, there are several other options you can check off if you have contact information entered for those classmates.

* Consider Missing Classmates to be all Classmates who have not joined the site.

Consider Missing Classmates to be all Classmates with no email address entered in the system.

Consider Missing Classmates to be all Classmates with no street address entered in the system.

Consider Missing Classmates to be all Classmates with neither email address nor street address entered in the system.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 at 2:25 PM - Response #2

The class list was uploaded with school name and year only. Only a handful of classmates have joined the site. Therefore, it appears I have to override over 200 they have found one-by-one. UGH!

Friday, March 1, 2013 at 1:46 AM - Response #3

Checking to see if I missed a great hint/tip to make this easier. Looks like it is going to be a boring and long task. Sad

Friday, March 1, 2013 at 8:44 AM - Response #4

if those classmates haven't joined the website yet, you could RESET CLASSMATES and then re-upload them with a partial address (maybe zip code or state), then if you selected the correct option, they wouldn't show up as missing.

Friday, March 1, 2013 at 8:47 AM - Response #5

There currently isn't anything in the upload file specifically for "Not Missing", you could also possibly put ANY NUMBER in the Zip Code field and it might make the classmate become NOT MISSING.

Friday, March 1, 2013 at 4:36 PM - Response #6

I'll be sitting over in the corner checking the override for over 300 members of the Class of 83. Somebody check to be sure I do not fall asleep, please. Cool

Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 5:59 PM - Response #7

Reporting in. Finished the override in the class of 1983 on my alumni site! 74 missing of 347.

One more question about this...

Is there a code I can input on their class page (on the site) that will give an UPDATED list of those missing in that one class? (Please say there is.)

Monday, March 4, 2013 at 11:06 AM - Response #8

If you select their class year on the Missing Classmates page, the list will be current based on the criteria you selected to define missing on the edit page for Missing Classmates. If it doesn't look current, try refreshing the page in the browser.

Monday, March 4, 2013 at 8:51 PM - Response #9

Eric B Bassey wrote:

If you select their class year on the Missing Classmates page, the list will be current based on the criteria you selected to define missing on the edit page for Missing Classmates. If it doesn't look current, try refreshing the page in the browser.

Eric?
I was hoping there was a code (you know... one of the dollar sign-word-dollar sign codes) to input. While waiting for an answer, I chose to make a link to just the one class MISSING list. I hope it updates.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 at 1:20 PM - Response #10

Sorry, I misunderstood what you were asking for. There is a variable for all missing classmates, but not for missing classmates of an individual class year.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 at 5:18 PM - Response #11

Another one to add to the list.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 12:51 PM - Response #12

Wishlisted.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.