ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Classmate Profiles Page - Additional Icon

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 06/04/10 01:04 PM Views: 1488 Replies: 7
Friday, June 4, 2010 at 1:04 PM

On the Classmate Profiles page there are currently 7 icons which may appear next to a classmate's name. Is it possible to add one more?

The organizers of our reunion would like one to indicate whether or not the person intends to participate in the "Saturday Golf Scramble" I have added a profile question regarding this event.

I know this is a programming issue and there is limit to the number of icons. Perhaps having one "administrator defined" icon could be set up?

Friday, June 4, 2010 at 2:12 PM - Response #1

That would be a great icon to add! It would give our site a better count and be able to see who all will be participating in the golfing activity or even if there was also a picnic type icon.

Friday, June 4, 2010 at 3:02 PM - Response #2

This is one of the many great ideas we have for development, but there is no current project plan in place for this idea at this time. We love hearing the great ideas our users have and want to implement as many of them as possible. Some of these projects are more difficult than others to implement. We try and add new features as quickly as possible. This task, in particular is on the "to do list", hopefully for later this year.

Friday, June 4, 2010 at 3:10 PM - Response #3

Thanks for the speedy reply!

Friday, June 4, 2010 at 3:26 PM - Response #4

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

This is one of the many great ideas we have for development, but there is no current project plan in place for this idea at this time. We love hearing the great ideas our users have and want to implement as many of them as possible. Some of these projects are more difficult than others to implement. We try and add new features as quickly as possible. This task, in particular is on the "to do list", hopefully for later this year.

An administrator configurable flag would be great!! I am working on a large list of "In Memory" classmates, and just to keep track I would like to flag some that I am still searching for information. I started with 25, absolutely no information on any had ever been attained. I have about 15 or so with full date of death, and copies of the obituary. Others, I have date of death from Archives.com, but can't find any information like in an obituary (these I would like to flag). Finally, I have about 6 left that I know still nothing. The last group flags themselves, because they all wind up in Unknown (that is sad to me, as I would hate to be considered "unknown", even if just a date of death).

Edited 06/04/10 3:27 PM
Tuesday, June 15, 2010 at 7:43 PM - Response #5

I just realized what other type of icon I'd love to see. Since it's so easy to "register" for the reunion and there's a icon to show that you're attending....I think there should be one that shows you've already paid. Since I unfortunately opened up the registration without stating they must buy something first, it shows I have tons of people attending. But of course only 3 of them have sent in money for the reunion.

Yeah! Yeah! Uh huh!!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 at 7:46 PM - Response #6

We'll be revisiting icons when we get to the make your own icon system. We'll make some new ones that are optional and you'll be able to add your own. Will be awhile for that yet.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 at 7:51 PM - Response #7

Ahhhh phooey!! lolLaughing

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.