ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Where they Live ... Show by Senior Picture

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 01/23/09 09:28 AM Views: 1650 Replies: 8
Friday, January 23, 2009 at 9:28 AM

Brad . . . Sorting by Senior Picture is on my Class Creator Top Five List ... that function has brought more compliments to our website then any addition to date. Thanks to you and your team.

A possible bug: Go to "Where they live" click on one of the "States" ... it takes you to Classmate by "STATE" ... now try to Show by Senior Picture ... it fails ??? ... the sort defaults to the total classmates by Senior Picture. Is it me ???

Friday, January 23, 2009 at 10:47 AM - Response #1

Yes it's all you, now stop doing that. Wink

Seriously it should work exactly as you've described. I don't think we took the sort to that level, but, we should. It's an easy thing to do. Adding to Task List. Thanks for the recommendation.

Friday, January 23, 2009 at 12:49 PM - Response #2

I agree & compliment ClassCreator on the senior picture profile enhancement. This has been one of the very best enhancements you've done.... you're making me look very good with our classmates!

Friday, January 23, 2009 at 4:48 PM - Response #3

Brad Switzer wrote:

Yes it's all you, now stop doing that. Wink

Seriously it should work exactly as you've described. I don't think we took the sort to that level, but, we should. It's an easy thing to do. Adding to Task List. Thanks for the recommendation.

I will STOP doing it ... and wait until YOU tell me it is OK to do it.Wink You might as well add "Last Updated" and "Newest Members" to that Task List because if you click on "Last Updated" or "Newest Members" then click on Senior Picture ... it defaults back to all the Senior Pictures same as the "Where they Live".

. . . I just did not want you and your team to run out of tasks to do. Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy ... Thanks!!!

Friday, January 23, 2009 at 5:36 PM - Response #4

Har, har, har. Wink

My only concern there is everything else doesn't work like that, and then the mechanism is inconsistent if we don't add the others. For instance you can't click on Newest Members, and then sort them by last updated. Or vice versa. Right now you have to click in the key, and then you can further sort by the options below the key, but none of the options below the key can be further sorted by clicking yet another option below the key. If we start doing that people are going to start losing large parts of the Class list when I don't think they'll be intending to do so -- people will be just trying to look at the same list they were seeing before sorted in a different way.

Personally I think the usability problem outweighs the need to see an already-sorted list by senior photo. So -- if we're going to do anything like this, I think the mechanism itself needs change.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Maybe...um....how about this:

We remove the Senior Photo sort otion from the list of possibilities completely (don't panic just yet), and then no matter what sorting options the viewer has engaged, we put at the top of the class list:

Show Senior Photos

This way people could turn senior photos on or off at their leisure no matter how they've chosen to sort their list.

Would you guys like it to work like this instead? Speak now or forever hold your peace!

Edited 01/23/09 7:48 PM
Friday, January 23, 2009 at 7:29 PM - Response #5

Gets my vote!!!

And, agree with you on the usability issue with too much double sorting! Those who are used to the details of how sorts / filters work will understand it, however, those who have not gotten into the deep divides of understanding it can get VERY confused! ESPECIALLY applies to us of the >65 generation!!! Hmmm! Might be a great brain exercise for us!!

Friday, January 23, 2009 at 7:34 PM - Response #6

Right. If we set it up with a separate show or don't show senior photos option, both camps will be able to figure it out without taxing their brains.

Saturday, January 24, 2009 at 2:19 AM - Response #7

Speak now or forever hold your peace!

ruff . . . ruff . . . ruff!!!
I vote for Sort ... then toggle Senior Picture on/off
or
Toggle Senior Picture on/off ... then Sort - that way you can turn the Senior Picture on/off when you just want to see all the classmates Pictures without a Sort.

I'm not hard to please ... I'm just happy to be here using Class Creator!!!

Edited 01/24/09 4:54 PM
Wednesday, April 8, 2009 at 10:48 AM - Response #8

Brad ... I just found the "Where they Live" then Sort by Show Yearbook Photo is up and running.

Double KUDOS,
Cav

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.