ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Poll or Survey?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/01/13 11:19 AM Views: 939 Replies: 5
Saturday, June 1, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I need to find out how many classmates will be attending our high school tour and what time they would prefer. The high school is undergoing construction at the time we are requesting our tour. They would like to know which time is best for us - 1 or 3 pm.

1) Should I poll or survey - which gives me the best results as what I am looking for.

2) I was going to email just the ones that are coming to the reunion - am I able to embedd the survey into the email?

3) OR...should I email the survey to everyone that joined the site? I tend not..because if they are not coming to the reunion...their vote/opinion shouldn't weigh in on the tour.

Saturday, June 1, 2013 at 12:08 PM - Response #1

1. POLLS are for entertainment purposes only. You should use a SURVEY.
2. On the Reunion Planner, REPORTS page, you can e-mail those that are coming to each event. You cannot include the survey, but you could insert a link to the survey that they should fill out. Create the survey first, put it in your fly-out menus where it most likely won't be seen by your non-attending people. Copy the URL for the Survey to your e-mail and paste it there.

Saturday, June 1, 2013 at 12:30 PM - Response #2

Hi Meg!

Do you have an event planned before or after the times available? I do not recall if that is a weekday or weekend day (from what you mentioned in TAP's Live Chat). If a weekday, the times are not the best, yet I would choose the time closest to an event and go with that. This gives you a time to post now vs. waiting for survey answers. Then add it to your reunion events and get your 'how many' from there.

(Edit: Oops! Embarassed This stayed with me, which is why I wrote this information. My apologies, yet I will leave it as a reference.) Yes, I read the school wants to know how many will be touring the school. Ask the school if the have a maximum number they will be comfortable with and cap the tour to that number of attendees. (Make sure you note the max number with the event and advise those 'over the max' that the limit has been reached. This is what I did for bus tours and the like for an association.

Or... go with a survey. Wink

Thumbs up to Meg, who is climbing over one mountain after another for her reunion! Very Happy

Edited 06/01/13 12:34 PM
Saturday, June 1, 2013 at 1:56 PM - Response #3

Thank you for your answers and tips!!

NOW my questions are:

I activated the survey but I am not seeing the questions listed with the survey introduction?
I listed one question with the drop down feature. Is this because I created the survey and I am the only one that can't see it? Help..cause the message went out that page was updated with a survey.

AND I tried to change the name of the survey but it is stuck with my original wording..I want it to read HS TOUR SURVEY on my homepage link.

Saturday, June 1, 2013 at 2:02 PM - Response #4

NEVER MIND!! I saw my error...

I needed to hit that other activate button in the question area as well. I thought if I hit the main activate button it would activate the whole thing!

Name and all is good now!! Very Happy

Saturday, June 1, 2013 at 3:39 PM - Response #5

Go Meg! Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.