ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Updates to website don't show up on another computer when I log in

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/04/08 10:54 AM Views: 1206 Replies: 3
Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 10:54 AM

I have been creating our class site on two computers, one at work, and one at home. When I make changes at work, they don't show up on the site when I log in at home, and vice versa. Am I forgetting to do something?

Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 11:42 AM - Response #1

That would actually be impossible. What's on your site is on your site, there can't be two versions of it. Thus this problem most likely points to a caching issue. On either computer not showing the updates, try hitting reload on your browser. Or for good measure clear your browser's cache so you're loading absolutley everything fresh from the web.

Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 11:08 AM - Response #2

Thanks Brad! It also started happening just on the same computer, where I would make a change but could not see it. Hitting the refresh button everytime I make a change to any page does help the problem. It is somewhat of a pain to do this everytime as I'm in the beginning stages and am making ALOT of changes. I'm not sure how to clear the cache, and if I do, will that solve the problem for good?

Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 1:13 PM - Response #3

You must have your browser set to never refresh. I've seen this before. The solution for fixing this problem is in this thread.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.