ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

columns on the side of the home page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/28/09 05:11 PM Views: 1304 Replies: 2
Monday, September 28, 2009 at 5:11 PM

I have noticed on some class pages that they have been able to add other items to these spaces, but I don't see any way to do that when entering the "Edit page" mode. Am I mistaken on the items that I saw?

Thank you.

Monday, September 28, 2009 at 5:19 PM - Response #1

I think that maybe you are talking about the LEFT-HAND MENU items. Is that right?

If so, you are probably seeing different sites with SURVEYS. All of the surveys appear on the left-hand menu. If you go back to one of these websites and place your mouse cursor over each menu item, you will see if it is a "custom" page or a "Survey" page.

If the status line of the browser says "....class_custom3", then it is a custom page.

If the status line of the browser says "....?SurveyID=XXX" then it is a survey.

You can insert ANYTHING you want in a survey. You can also have a survey without any questions. This way you can add a page with only content.

You can have unlimited number of surveys. One thing to remember is that SURVEYs are only visible to logged in classmates.

Monday, September 28, 2009 at 7:55 PM - Response #2

The blank column on the side of your page can be filled in with the background image of your choice. You can find this option under your Edit Colors link. If you want to find some cool background images I recommend searching Google for "seamless textures". You can also upload your school logo or photo to create a nice background image.

There are other rare cases where people have added items outside the boundaries of their site by using something in html called layer positioning. Basically you create a container at the X,Y coordinates of your choice, and then fill that container with content. This is not a standard part of the Class Creator system, but is something that can be rather easily learned by reading a basic html tutorial.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.