ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Extra posts (not exactly duplicates)

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/09/20 12:03 PM Views: 527 Replies: 16
Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 12:03 PM

Again today, I found an example where a classmate posted a message in another classmate's profile this morning (which appeared normal) and then ended up with an empty (header but no content) message in their own profile. Both appear in What's New.

That last 'extra' post also updates their last "Profile Updated" date since it's in their own profile. No problem deleting the 'extra' post, but I have to guess (or check my last Manage Classmates download) to restore their last updated date back to where it was.

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 12:28 PM - Response #1

Today a classmate posted a reply. It appeared as a duplicate. I did delete - it’s time consuming for Administrators

Thursday, June 11, 2020 at 8:58 PM - Response #2

After several more identical circumstances (posting a message in someone else's profile somehow created a "empty" message posted in your own profile too), today that same action did NOT create an extra/duplicate message in the poster's profile.

But.. While there was no longer an extra/duplicate message, it did update the Last Updated date in the poster's profile to today's date.

{Edit} The What's New entry says that the poster "Posted a message to the class" as if she'd posted in her own profile. But that's not what she did. What's New should have said the the profile owner where the message was posted received a message.

Progress, but there's still some work to be done....

Edited 06/11/20 9:31 PM
Sunday, June 14, 2020 at 9:28 PM - Response #3

The symptoms have been changing regularly as - I assume - attempted fixes are put into the system. Tonight, I'm now seeing a duplicate message for each one posted in someone's profile, but no 'empty' message in the poster's profile. And the poster's Last Updated date is no longer set to today's date. That's pretty much back to the original problem with 'duplicates' which started weeks ago, before I began to post the changes I'd seen.

Sunday, June 14, 2020 at 10:05 PM - Response #4

Moments ago, I wished a classmate a Happy Birthday. Then looked at What's New to see it is posted twice.

On another classmate's page, one birthday wish is shown twice.

Edited 06/14/20 10:07 PM
Sunday, June 14, 2020 at 10:17 PM - Response #5

Gwen Corey wrote:

Moments ago, I wished a classmate a Happy Birthday. Then looked at What's New to see it is posted twice.

On another classmate's page, one birthday wish is shown twice.

Adding that I saw one of the birthday greetings I left duplicated on a page and all of it the same on the What's New (WN) page. I deactivated the WN page. After, I looked at the notifications (bell) to see the notifications remained for the posts to member profile pages showing as "A new message posted to class".

Leaving this info here for CC.

Edited 06/14/20 10:19 PM
Monday, June 15, 2020 at 1:53 PM - Response #6

The symptoms we see have been a 'moving target' as they change quite often. Some things appear to be fixed, but are then replaced by other similar problems - or revert back to the original problem. And even that is not consistent since I see problems on my site that are not happening on other sites.

Yesterday on my site, for example, we were back to duplicate message posts, but a comment under a post was not duplicated. Today, comments posted under messages were duplicated. Looking for (and fixing) problems I can fix, and answering questions about what classmates see (or don't see) has become labor intensive...

Edited 06/15/20 2:01 PM
Tuesday, June 16, 2020 at 11:53 AM - Response #7

Speaking of "Moving Targets", this morning I saw a posted message and a posted comment - neither of which was duplicated in the receiving profile or in What's New.
Could we... maybe... possibly... have found and resolved the 'duplicate' problem?

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 at 12:29 PM - Response #8

From my Post on another Thread:

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 at 10:36 AM - Response #15
Still going on - @ 10:32am
Posted birthday wish to classmate on her profile, upon refresh of page it duplicated as well as on Whats New.

The Cleanup Script Ain't Workin'

Follow up on above:
Deleting dupe from profile also deletes it from Whats new.

Addl Follow Up. 12:30P
Comments to my post above that showed on Whats NEw Duplicated.

Edited 06/16/20 12:30 PM
Tuesday, June 16, 2020 at 1:10 PM - Response #9

Since June 8, almost everything on sanfordcentralhigh.com that is in What's New is there twice.

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 at 2:25 PM - Response #10

Everything posted on our website has duplicate posts. Can tech support please enlighten us. Thank you

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 at 3:05 PM - Response #11

Duplicate posts have been an ongoing problem since the beginning of June. These posts are coming from many but not all of our classmates. On a positive note we seem to be getting notifications most of the time now.

I have posted this comment in order to subscribe to this thread and to receive updates. Maybe I am missing something but is there a single source for updates on the status of the upgrade fixes. Again, maybe I missed it but I do not recall receiving any notification that a major upgrade was about to take place (back in May).

Our classmates have been reasonably patient. I am unable to answer their questions. I have resorted to responding, "The upgrade was a surprise and perhaps a solution will also surprise us". Is there a better response to these questions?

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 at 3:09 PM - Response #12

John Ralph wrote:

Could we... maybe... possibly... have found and resolved the 'duplicate' problem?

I evidently spoke too soon. Several times this morning, messages or comments were posted with no duplicates, but... I just saw the latest post which had an additional "empty" message posted at the same date/time. Should have known it was too good to be true. I'm still keeping a close watch, and deleting as needed.
{EDIT} Just posted a comment on the What's New page and saw an immediate duplicate.

Edited 06/16/20 3:26 PM
Tuesday, June 16, 2020 at 3:19 PM - Response #13

JR - SEE My Note in response #8 above.

The notification of the comment to my BDay post came singular, but it also came after I deleted the Dupe comment. I wonder if it might have come Duped as in the past - from the same person or maybe deleting triggered the Notification?

Suffice it to say, THE CLEANUP SCRIPT AIN"T WORKIN!

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 at 4:58 PM - Response #14

In the last half hour, we've returned to the point where someone posts a message in a classmate's profile, there's a duplicate message, AND the system updates the Last Updated date in the poster's profile.
One step forward, and two steps back....

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 at 9:45 PM - Response #15

Jumping ahead another couple hours from my last post, and... looking again at What's New, I see that the classmate where I had just deleted a duplicate where she'd posted in another classmate's profile and reset her Last Updated date... now has an "empty" (header but no content) duplicate in her own profile - which definitely was NOT there before, AND her Last Updated date was - again - changed to today. I deleted the empty duplicate, and reset her Last Updated date again to where it should be. Whoever is playing in our systems and obviously has no idea what they're doing... PLEASE STOP.

Friday, June 19, 2020 at 2:17 PM - Response #16

The duplicates keep on coming... but I delete them as I find them - 2 yesterday. No posts (or dups) on my site so far today, but they're pretty easy to see when looking at the What's New page. And then checking profiles for anyone involved in a message or comment to make sure there isn't a dup in their own profile or a changed Last Updated date. Those symptoms seem to come and go.

I did notice another duplicate post in the forums yesterday, with the dup's date/time 3 hours later than the original.

So far, I have seen varying duplicate symptoms on all of the sites I have access to which have domain names, but I have NOT seen a duplicate on any of the sites which do not have a domain name. That may (or may not) be significant though, since my sample group size is limited.

Today, on two of the other sites today where I'm a guest, I saw two duplicates dated this morning. And on one, a strange quirk in What's New with what appears to be an older item at the top with a date of June 09 (no comments underneath) followed by 4 posts under that (2 were duplicates) dated the 19th, and more under those dated earlier on the 19th, then the 18th, 17th, and so on continuing in normal date order.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.