ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Yearbook pictures

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/06/11 12:08 PM Views: 1253 Replies: 2
Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 12:08 PM

I downloaded yearbook pictures (the pages) to one of the customizable links on the LHS of the homepage. I need to add one page that was left out but it keeps replacing an existing page. Any suggestions or do I have to recopy all the 26 pages again?

Thanks,
Becky

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 1:25 PM - Response #1

I think I understand - when you try to add the new image, it instead replaced an existing image at the point you want the new page to be inserted?

Do NOT highlight an existing image since that will replace that image. IOW, do not click on an existing image. But that's difficult since you do have to position the cursor where you want the image to be inserted. So here's what is going on.

The page is a series of IMG (ages) one after the other. If you click Source mode in the editor it becomes easier to see.

Try typing some letter where you want the new image to give you some visual cue where to insert the new image (source mode is easier here). I think that's what the problem is. You can't get "between" the existing images without activating an existing image.

In source mode it's pretty easy to insert the image too. Just copy what you see for the other images and replace the last part - which is the image name in your vault - with the image to be inserted.

For example, you have RHHS9_001.jpg as one name. Copy the line that starts with "br" (quotes are lt and gt), then IMG and ends with the jpg.

Let's assume you want the new image after that one. Paste the line you copied after the jpg" (and lt) and change the name to the new page name.

It's actually pretty simple, but because of restrictions on the characters I can use, it looks a bit weird here. But here's the actual code taken from your page

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 1:54 PM - Response #2

You are awesome! That had me totally perplexed. My mouse kept selecting a page. It was a subtle difference where I put my mouse. Plus I did not know I could use/copy docs from my file vault. I’m learning something new everyday about CC. I should have emailed sooner!

Thanks,

Becky

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.