ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

LInking credit card payments to bank account

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 06/28/16 09:36 PM Views: 1505 Replies: 12
Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 9:36 PM

We are going to set up our event to allow credit card payments -- not PayPal. I see that we need to link a bank account. I have 2 questions:
(1) Do I understand that the money accumulates in Class Creator until we trigger a deposit into our account, rather than automatically depositing each charge as it occurs?
(2) Can we have more than one account linked up, then choose where we want a deposit to go?

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 11:22 PM - Response #1

1. Yes, that is correct. You will link to ONE local bank account and two small deposits will be made. You will then report the amounts you see and that will verify the account. You will not be able to transfer money until after the account is verified. (Usually about 5-7business days)

2. Only ONE local bank account.

Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 4:18 AM - Response #2
verify.JPG

Kyle Erickson,
I entered my bank info weeks, if not months ago at this point, but have never seen the 2 small deposits. And I do not see on the page where I entered my routing number a place to even enter the 2 small amounts that they deposited. I see the words "unverified" next to my correct routing and acct number but no blanks.
How do I find out what happened?
How can I retrigger this to run again?
am i at the wrong place? this is not user friendly!!!
why don't i see any place to enter the 2 amounts?

our reunion is in a month and I need to get funds out asap. thanks!

Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 7:45 AM - Response #3

Hi Jennifer,

The date and details are normally on the Event Planner > Edit > Payment Preferences page, however, your page does not show the pending dates and details so I initiated the deposits again.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 4:42 PM - Response #4

I have had the same issue about not ever seeing a place to enter the small amounts deposited to verify my account. I've done it twice, waited more than a week each time (Maybe i waited too long?). Third time's a charm? Or is something else wrong? The amounts have showed up in our checking account. I just have never had a place to enter them on the payment preferences page.

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 5:24 PM - Response #5

Gail - I am going to reinitiate your deposits to your account. Here is your new Pending notification: 2 deposits were successfully initiated for Routing Number ending in 877 on 02/28/18 04:23 PM. These should appear in your account in 5 Business days, by 03/08/18. Requests made after 3:00 PM EST add one day to the process. .... Once you receive these deposits, go to Event Planner > Edit > Manage Payment Preferences > Scroll down the page until you see the 2 verification fields.

Sunday, July 21, 2019 at 8:47 PM - Response #6

Same issue as Jennifer Crow. I entered our bank info a month ago, but the (2) small deposits have still NOT been made to our checking account. On the "Manage Payment Preferences" page (Banking Information section) the words "Status: Unverified" appear next to our routing and acct number; the page does not display any fields to enter/confirm the deposits.

Could you please re-initiate the ACH Transfer deposit/confirmation process?

Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter.

Monday, July 22, 2019 at 8:43 AM - Response #7

Andrew,

The message now says PENDING and this message:
2 deposits were successfully initiated for Routing Number ending in 162 on 07/22/19 07:42 AM. These should appear in your account in 5 Business days, by 07/29/19.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 5:52 PM - Response #8

I recognize this is an older thread, but hope you can help. We would like to accept credit card payments for class reunion registrations, as well as unrelated scholarship donations. If we can only link to one bank account, is there a recommended way to make the funds show up in the bank account with a notation specifying what each was for? Thank you.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 6:14 PM - Response #9

Hi David,

The bank won't recognize additional fields or display them. There are reports under Event Planner and Donations Manager that will include a full listing of donations or event registrations.

Many classes offer Donations in the check out process of the Event. The donations are separated from the Tickets or Product sales in the reports to show you who has paid for what.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 6:22 PM - Response #10

Thank you for that very prompt reply. I understand you to mean that even if the donations are NOT part of the registration checkout process, they can have their own report that will tell me who gave what. Would the donations, for instance, be a product in the website store? Thank you for any guidance, as I've only been doing this a day or two.

Edited 01/22/20 6:25 PM
Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 8:31 PM - Response #11

Similar to a product yes. When a product is set up in the product manager or a donation is set up in the donation manager they can be shared to the event planner. Similar to a product yes. When a product is set up in the product manager or a donation is set up in the donation manager they can be shared to the event planner. When activated in the event planner as a second step, the product or donation then becomes part of the checkout process when somebody is registering for an event.

Sunday, January 26, 2020 at 7:02 PM - Response #12

Thanks, Scott; that's helpful.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.