ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

raising limit on search items

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/05/11 07:52 AM Views: 1209 Replies: 4
Friday, August 5, 2011 at 7:52 AM

We have several classes with more than 750 members. I wanted to scroll through one of those classes to look for someone whose name might have been misspelled. When I ask for that class, I get the message that I need to limit my search results to 750 or less. I and others on my registration team have used the ability to deal with just a single class on a number of occasions, so this limitation is not good. Please raise the limit to at least 1000 or if there is some problem with displaying more than 750, please inform the user and allow them to override.

Friday, August 5, 2011 at 9:04 AM - Response #1

FOR AN EXAMPLE of what you mean, WHICH YEAR OF YOUR CLASS has more than 750 members?

Workaround:
On your Classmate Profiles page, you will see this section:

Enter the first few letters of the first or last name:
[Search Input Field]

or select year of graduation:

If you type the first few characters of the first name or the last name, it will narrow down the list of classmates to be less than 750 so you would be able to find the classmate you think is misspelled.

Friday, August 5, 2011 at 11:34 AM - Response #2

For example, the class of 1968 and a number of our classes have more than 750 members (as do the classes from 1965-1970). When we're trying to update information and check on things, it's nice to be able to just see those in that class not the whole class and not have to keep using the online search. We'd really like this limit extended. I personally can't imagine a programming reason why 750 was chosen or any particular number, but I suppose there is one. Thanks

Friday, August 5, 2011 at 10:53 PM - Response #3

please try again. The limit was bumped up to 1000.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 at 9:03 AM - Response #4

Thank you - it works fine now!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.