ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Page Layout

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/06/11 12:00 PM Views: 1181 Replies: 6
Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 12:00 PM

I just put a playlist on my site. The playlist is too wide for the center column so it appears at the bottom of the right hand stuff. I want it to be visible when you get to the site so I deleted most of the stuff in the right hand column. I rather reduce the width and be able to move it near the top of the center column.

What can I do to achieve this?

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 12:01 PM - Response #1

You will need to go into the Source tab and review the code that was provided by playlist. Look for any (there are a few) references to width= ... change the number to 420. That should fix the issue.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 1:18 PM - Response #2

The solution did not work, it just re-sized but stayed under both columns. Once I understood the concept. I had to adjust the margin, first I reduced it and it go worse then I increased it an it works. Thanks for the help.

Edited 07/06/11 1:19 PM
Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 1:31 PM - Response #3

Good to hear!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 1:47 PM - Response #4

For the record I adjusted the width to 420 as you suggested then made the margin 640 and the image fits perfectly. I have reestablished the right column stuff I deleted. Considering I am from the class of 1952 I am proud of this.

Thanks again.
Joe

Friday, July 8, 2011 at 3:03 AM - Response #5

i tried to put a youtube video on our home page and had the same issue. i tried different sizes on the video but it always posts at the bottom, under the info on the right margin. if i post text only, it formats correctly, but adding the video, it all posts at the end.

did you go under source to change the margins? i'm not fluent in html code to find the right line to change the margins. help??

Friday, July 8, 2011 at 12:38 PM - Response #6

Did you take the video off the page. Place it back in there and if it is still not right, let us know and we can have a look. But I'll need it to be there to help. Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.