ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Photo Shows in Edit Page but not Live View

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/22/22 04:29 PM Views: 3394 Replies: 14
Tuesday, March 22, 2022 at 4:29 PM

I wonder if CC could take a look at my home page sooner1970.com. I've got a photo that has displayed properly for a number of days, but is now, not showing in Chrome, Firefox, Waterfox, Opera or Palemoon. It shows on the Edit Page, but not on the page itself.

Thanks

Tuesday, March 22, 2022 at 5:02 PM - Response #1

What's the picture and where is it located on the home page, so I can see if it displays on my computer?

Tuesday, March 22, 2022 at 5:44 PM - Response #2

Thanks Scott, it's just above the wording "L-R Dickie Gray, Karl Johansson . . ." on the Home Page

Now between the AAAAA and the BBBBB

Edited 03/22/22 6:42 PM
Tuesday, March 22, 2022 at 6:02 PM - Response #3

Typo, has "im" instead of "img"

Tuesday, March 22, 2022 at 6:03 PM - Response #4

Tuesday, March 22, 2022 at 6:12 PM - Response #5

When I look at Source the "img" appears to be there. Interesting because the photo was added using the find and upload photo tool and did display properly for several days. But, although the img seems to be there, I'm not seeing the photo on the Home Page.

What am I missing?

OK, just looked at the source on the actual page and I see what you mean, its im not img but on the Source page on my website it shows as img.

I've tried deleting the photo, then adding it from the Vault, but still the same.

Edited 03/22/22 6:35 PM
Tuesday, March 22, 2022 at 7:50 PM - Response #6

Can't see it with Brave browser either. I looked at the source code for the page and see exactly what Jack reported in Response #4. I am, however, able to view the picture by clicking on the link, /000/1/9/8/14891/userfiles/image/johannson%2C%20karl%20cub%20scouts.jpg

Tuesday, March 22, 2022 at 8:39 PM - Response #7

Did you delete the image in regular editing mode or source mode?

I think the issue might be caused by the trailing "/im".

img does not have a trailing / version so that was entered by something else not the editor. So go in source mode and delete that complete line OR manually make it img and delete the trailing "/im".

Tuesday, March 22, 2022 at 11:50 PM - Response #8

That is what is so strange. I've deleted the entire line both ways, in source, then in regular editing mode, and inserted the photo again from the Vault both times. I even deleted the photo from Vault and uploaded it again. Same thing happens every time, my source page shows img, but looking at the source on the webpage only shows im and omits the g.

When I deleted the photo, I even deleted the last AAAA and the first BBB to make sure I got everything, then entered a new line in regular edit, then uploaded the photo again.

How can it even be possible that my source page show it and the actual page omits it?

Tuesday, March 22, 2022 at 11:53 PM - Response #9

Thanks FC, I can see what Jack reports, only "im" but on my edit page in source, it is actually "img". puzzling

Wednesday, March 23, 2022 at 12:44 AM - Response #10

Weird but true. There's an odd image thingy after "MArgaret" that caused all that to happen. I have no idea what that symbol represents but obviously it has some sort of code behind it. It now works Cool

Wednesday, March 23, 2022 at 12:46 AM - Response #11

Oh my goodness, I never thought about the rose causing the problem. Thank you Jack!

Edited 03/23/22 1:29 AM
Wednesday, March 23, 2022 at 12:50 AM - Response #12

I first just deleted a bunch of stuff since I suspected something was causing that. When that worked, I just did one at a time and luckily that weird symbol was the first one and it all started working again. But WOW, I have no idea what the "thing" represented. It just showed a some really odd symbol for me.

Wednesday, March 23, 2022 at 12:54 AM - Response #13

OH, the ROSE from CC? Now I see what happened. That is invoking some CC code that got confused when it landed on your page.

CC has "hidden" code that scans your page for certain things. I've run into a few myself that I figured out after MONTHS of scratching my head thinking I had some mistake in my code. I wish they would make a list - will never ever happen - lol.

So when it saw the "rose" it thought it was some memory sort of thing.

Wednesday, March 23, 2022 at 1:33 AM - Response #14

Yes, that's sort of her symbol. Her middle name is Rose and MArgaret, MA the first letter of her first and last name.

I knew something must be working on the page, but didn't look beyond the lines involved.

Thanks again!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.