ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Photos with tags

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/03/11 11:12 PM Views: 1172 Replies: 3
Monday, October 3, 2011 at 11:12 PM

We recently had our 35th reunion, it was fantastic. Now in the process of uploading photos. We uploaded to photobucket, then imbedded the link to our website. Works beautifully. However, we need to add tags to the photos to let everyone know who is in the photos, especially the group photos. It doesnt appear that this is an option with photobucket. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this with photobucket, or another tool we could use instead?

Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 12:05 AM - Response #1

Use the images from photobucket as a link used in an then add the tag. Easiest way is to use an image in your file vault, then manually edit the src= to point to photobucket.

Easiest way to add labels is to create a table with one cell for the image and one cell for the tags. So for 4 images you'd make a 1 x 8 table. There are other methods too.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 3:20 PM - Response #2

I'm not familiar with photobucket and what restrictions they may have on an image's size, but my suggestion would be to open each photo in a photo editing program (I use PaintShop Pro), put a border on each one (even if only at the bottom) and enter the names on the border, then upload to photobucket. It is a lot of work, but you get the results you are looking for by doing this. And you can make the border and text any color you wish. Good luck!

Glenn Ellen

Edited 10/04/11 3:21 PM
Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 6:07 PM - Response #3

You do not have to do any image editing by using the img html tag. You can add a variable width border instantly and add or change text instantly and chose text and background colors instantly.

IOW, it's much more flexible and faster (once you figure out the first one) vs putting text inside an image. It is NOT a lot of work.

If it wasn't such a dramatic difference in time and flexibility I wouldn't comment. But it really is a big difference. Just try one and discover the ease of doing this. The basic tools are built into the CC editor. Just requires a tiny bit of extra tinkering at the source level.

(P.S. Final displayed image size is easily set for the image.)

Edited 10/04/11 6:08 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.