ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Glitter letters?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/23/10 05:06 PM Views: 6517 Replies: 21
Friday, July 23, 2010 at 5:06 PM

I love the letters in FreeFlashToys.com; but the site doesn't seem to be working and no response from them. Any recommendations?

Friday, July 23, 2010 at 7:26 PM - Response #1

Sue, one site I use a lot is Page Plug-ins for glitter text. I'm not that thrilled w/ their scrolling text, but their Flash Glitter Text Generator works for me because it will allow at least 4 lines of text, whereas others may allow only one.
It's limited, but it suits my purpose. There are others out there, tho, that do a better job in other ways. I'll putz around my site & try to remember some more.

Friday, July 23, 2010 at 7:33 PM - Response #2

Here are a couple you could try:

http://www.zingerbug.com/index.html

http://www.myorkutglitter.com/

http://www.magicwidgets.com/

Friday, July 23, 2010 at 8:48 PM - Response #3

All great suggestions -- just didn't work!
Must be something with my iMac or Firefox...
None of the CODES I captured resulted in the designs I created. Maybe I'll fire-up my old PC and go to Internet Explorer.

Edited 07/24/10 6:14 AM
Friday, July 23, 2010 at 8:59 PM - Response #4

Sue Bailey wrote:

I love the letters in FreeFlashToys.com; but the site doesn't seem to be working and no response from them. Any recommendations?

www.Glitterfly.com I luv it...I use it all the time..with no problems!!! Check out my home page...it's glittered flied all over. I have it on my Veteran's Tribute page too..I use it on all my pages.

Friday, July 23, 2010 at 10:08 PM - Response #5

Thank you for your words of "Welcome" John.
This is my first post. I've been reading everything I can in these Help Forums. What a wealth of information!

Still no luck with capturing "glitter" codes - but that's okay, I'm busy reading "Where is THIS school?" Too funny...

Friday, July 23, 2010 at 10:34 PM - Response #6

Still no luck with capturing "glitter" codes - but that's okay, I'm busy reading "Where is THIS school?" Too funny...

I gave you a website...www.gillterfly.com...it's an awesome site..lots of glitter codes..pics..make your own words. It's an easy site to navigate..and so far ::keeping finger crossed::: no downtime as of yet!!! Smile

Saturday, July 24, 2010 at 6:13 AM - Response #7

Glitterfly is great, Darlene; so are the sites Venita suggested, but still no luck with this thing!

Page Plug Ins has the fonts I'm looking for, Dale, but still won't work. I'm inserting it in the SOURCE text area in "Announcements." Is there a special way to insert it? Other things have worked fine.

Here, let me give it to anyone with extra time on your hands! ha ha! All I want is to glitter "Happy Birthday" and then I'll rotate names:

Custom Glitter Text

Edited 07/24/10 8:02 AM
Saturday, July 24, 2010 at 3:01 PM - Response #8

Are you first typing what you want in the boxes provided on the site..then getting the code??? I don't see Happy Birthday in the code anywhere..but of course I have very ole eyes???
And I don't use Pageplugin.com for my glitter words

Saturday, July 24, 2010 at 6:16 PM - Response #9

Yes, I'm doing that. "...Happy%20Birthday..." is in the second line.
On all the sights, the instructions say to click "Submit" to get the code -- but no "Submit" button is offered.

I can tell that the code is changing in the box as I type but its not usable.

Saturday, July 24, 2010 at 6:43 PM - Response #10

The graphic pops up on a new tab "show.swf" on my browser, but it doesn't work in "Source" in Announcement. ???
I should move on but this has become a challenge.

Saturday, July 24, 2010 at 6:58 PM - Response #11

Your size is too big.
I can help you more tonite..trying to get my Reunion stuff done..and then eat dinner with hubby....I will get the code you need and post it here.

Saturday, July 24, 2010 at 7:51 PM - Response #12

Sue,

I cut and pasted your source code into my announcements page and it seemed to work fine (I think, if I understand the problem). I've left it up on my site at the bottom of the Announcements section (which is at the start of my home page), under the "Kissing Monkey". Everything after "Special Test:" is your code. I'm using Windows 7 Professional with Firefox.

I assume you know this but, just to make sure, you are pressing the "SOURCE" icon/word in the upper left-hand corner of the announcement edit screen, pasting your code, and then pressing SAVE CHANGES aren't you?

Let me know when you've seen my site and I'll delete it from my site.

If you'd like me to try something else, please feel free to ask.

Good luck with this.

Jim Minor

Edited 07/24/10 8:26 PM
Saturday, July 24, 2010 at 7:53 PM - Response #13

Okay John, this is getting ridiculous!

Darlene, I tried creating it in 10pt font on all the websites! With PC & iMac; Firefox, Safari & Internet Explorer. Nothing!

I'm hunting for a cute CUPCAKE -- I know I saw one around here somewhere...

Saturday, July 24, 2010 at 7:58 PM - Response #14

Sue Bailey wrote:

Darlene, I tried creating it in 10pt font on all the websites! With PC & iMac; Firefox, Safari & Internet Explorer. Nothing!

Sue have you checked out my home page..all the lettering you see at the top is from glitterfly...I can't imaged what the heck you are doing wrong???
Have you had this trouble before.
As far as the cupcake..just google cupcake gifs..and if you want it animated..google animated cupcake gifs. A free site or two will open up..That's the way I get all my graphics.
I will go to glitterfly now..and do your Happy Birthday and post the code give me a few

Saturday, July 24, 2010 at 8:00 PM - Response #15

John..you just freaked me out...are you a bad guy..with your new Cowboy Hat..pic!!!??? CoolRolling EyesLaughing

Saturday, July 24, 2010 at 8:04 PM - Response #16

Everyone,
I am SO embarrassed. I'm going to have to change my name and picture!

Jim, you guessed it. I didn't "Save Changes" after toggling "Source" -- because they did NOT show the changes I wanted! I didn't know I had to save them FIRST then look at the product.

Thank you ALL for hanging in there with me. I'll just disappear now.

Saturday, July 24, 2010 at 8:08 PM - Response #17

Sue Bailey wrote:

Saturday, July 24, 2010 at 8:11 PM - Response #18

Sue Bailey wrote:

Everyone,
I am SO embarrassed. I'm going to have to change my name and picture!

Jim, you guessed it. I didn't "Save Changes" after toggling "Source" -- because they did NOT show the changes I wanted! I didn't know I had to save them FIRST then look at the product.

Thank you ALL for hanging in there with me. I'll just disappear now.

Don't be..we have all gone thru this.

You mean you want something like this:
]Your text to link here...[/url]

Saturday, July 24, 2010 at 8:12 PM - Response #19

The blue box wouldn't show tho...I guess when you post your code in the forums..it looks a little different. I have another site that you can have it blink and fade out..let me know if this is what you are trying to accomplish.WinkQuestionQuestionQuestion

Saturday, July 24, 2010 at 8:29 PM - Response #20

Sue,

Glad it worked out for you. Smile

The only reason I thought to mention this approach is that so often I've forgotten to do it myself!

Jim

Edited 07/24/10 8:43 PM
Saturday, July 24, 2010 at 8:33 PM - Response #21

Darlene, that is the cutest cupcake! Wish I had had that 2 wks ago for our 5 y/o granddaughter!

John, your new photo is stunning! It took me completely by surprise. 'love the look!

And thank you all, again,
"%#@" formerly known as "Sue"

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.