ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Military Acknowledgements

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/15/08 10:52 AM Views: 2064 Replies: 20
Wednesday, October 15, 2008 at 10:52 AM

With Vetern's Day coming up I thought it would be nice to honor those classmates who have served in the Military. I have seen some neat ideas on various sites, but I can't remember who's. I was wondering if anyone could provide me with ideas how to do this. I wanted to do names, possible pictures, branch and possible ranks. Is there anything else I should include? Your suggestions will be appreciated. THANNKs!!!!

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 at 11:16 AM - Response #1

You can check out the honoring the veteran page on my site. I have a few children of classmates on there but so far none of the classmates have contributed photos of themselves. I know there are several, myself included, who served. I also have an app with a flag and patriotic quotes. Good luck with your site and thanks for remembering the veteran. Tam

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 at 12:43 PM - Response #2

Hi Julie, My co admin did a fabulous job on our Honors and Tributes page. It took her a while to get permissions for the WALL pic, etc. and to get find out who served and their info. We also added a separate play list...directions for use on homepage. We, too, are STILL asking for more information. Personally, I think she did an amazing job. Check it out and good luck....Bonita

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 at 12:46 PM - Response #3

Tam!! Hi! We got OUR ideas from YOU!!! Remember? I think your Veterans page is really cool. Bonita

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 at 3:03 PM - Response #4

Hi Julie,
I'm Betty the Co-Admin for our site. I see Bonita has already replied to you regarding the Veteran's page. I had to blush with her compliments. It was a labour of love to do that page. Obviously, it will be an ongoing project as I continue to 'lovingly pester' our Vets for pictures and information. I am in the midst of adding the year book pictures for the vets that I don't have pictures in uniform. Need any help with your site I would be happy to share any info I gathered in my travels. Good luck and I'm sure the men, women and families that are serving or have served will certainly appreciate your efforts.
Betty

Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 6:48 AM - Response #5

I just viewed your site. I like it, but was not able to find any link for veteran's. It is early so I don't know if I missed anything or not. Thanks for the response though!

Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 1:35 PM - Response #6

Well, as fate would have it, that page has just gone south on us...stretched out and missing some things. It is really cool when showing properly. Sorry, good luck...Bonita

Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 3:38 PM - Response #7

Hi, We did a 'salute our veterans' page on our site. We don't have photos but listed our classmates that have served and then used neat effects found on zwani.com, wishafriend.com and crazyprofile.com. We used playlist and added each of the military branches songs (plus a few others). Our veterans really appreciated it. Take care...Julie

Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 4:45 PM - Response #8

Please feel free to view our website...We have an "IN HONOR OF..." link, I have activated the MILITARY DUTY SURVEY" link that I did to collect the information...and please view the In Memory section for several of our Vets...expecially one named Bursaw.

Feel free to copy or use what ever you need or want...no sense re inventing the wheel!!!

And thank you ALL for remembering us!!!

JIM

Edited 10/16/08 5:16 PM
Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 10:10 PM - Response #9

Bonita Lyon wrote:

Well, as fate would have it, that page has just gone south on us...stretched out and missing some things. It is really cool when showing properly. Sorry, good luck...Bonita

If you're having trouble figuring out why your page is blown out, and everything seems like it should "fit" ok, then 99% of the time you've got a hard space issue. Simply removing the hard spaces fixes the problem. For specific details about the hard space problem see this thread.

Monday, October 20, 2008 at 8:35 PM - Response #10

I think the idea for Military Acknowledgements would be for an American flag to come up like the Rose Comes up for in Memory. We have a multi year site but I am sure with a little help we could get someone from the goverment to let us know which of our Alumni was in the military. I think the flag would be really cool!

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 at 8:36 PM - Response #11

We will do this.

Thursday, October 23, 2008 at 2:37 PM - Response #12

James,

Where did you find the stars effect on your veterans page? I love that! Thanks.

Pam Murray
Class of 1968
Lee High School
Jacksonville, FL

Edited 10/23/08 2:37 PM
Friday, October 24, 2008 at 9:43 AM - Response #13

I'm not sure if James has star effects on his site, too, but I got mine from crazyprofile.com and used the 'falling object' option. You have many choices of objects. I used ghosts on my 'Happy Halloween' page. You can then just embed the code they give you...it is a very long code. I put mine at the top of the page but I guess you could put it anywhere on your page. Enjoy!
Julie

Monday, November 17, 2008 at 7:31 PM - Response #14

Bonita,
How did your Honors and Tributes page designer get the pictures to post that smaller size and on the far right? I am in the process of setting up our military remembrance page, and love the setup.

Thanks!
Vicki

Edited 11/17/08 7:34 PM
Tuesday, November 18, 2008 at 8:49 AM - Response #15

Julie,

Can you please tell me where you found the little face that gives the thumbs up (it's on your homepage with the reminder to keep their profiles updated). I am having the darndest time finding it on my own.

Thank you,
Vicki

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 at 8:10 PM - Response #16

Here's the link for that. http://www.zwani.com/graphics/animated/
(fyi...there are some other very interesting graphics on this site)

Hope this helps!
Julie

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at 8:31 AM - Response #17

Thanks a bunch!

Vicki

Sunday, November 23, 2008 at 9:56 AM - Response #18

Check out my site; I kind of took the remembrance to the next level by including the victims of September 11th as well. Let me know what you think...still trying to come up with some ideas and looking for more pictures to include.

Vicki

BTW, the page on my site is called "In Honor..."

Edited 11/23/08 9:57 AM
Friday, November 28, 2008 at 1:01 AM - Response #19

You have that page password protected

Friday, November 28, 2008 at 7:37 PM - Response #20

No, that is one of the pages that isn't protected...give it a try again and let me know if you can't get to it.

Thanks!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.