ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Birthday Greetings

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/28/09 09:29 AM Views: 3814 Replies: 10
Monday, September 28, 2009 at 9:29 AM

Is there any way to set up the website so that an automatic message can be sent to "Birthday People"?

Monday, September 28, 2009 at 11:24 AM - Response #1

I think this has been requested before and is on the task list, but I don't know when it will be implemented. Brad will need to give the details.

Monday, September 28, 2009 at 1:06 PM - Response #2

It's on the list after a few other major features. Should be sometime before Xmas.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009 at 9:00 AM - Response #3

A classmate just received a notification of another classmate's birthday. What determines who receives a notification, and how can one opt-out so they don't get a notification? It would seem that a notification would be desired for a close friend but really not be wanted regarding a more peripheral or unknown classmate (we had almost 600 people in our class).

Tuesday, December 8, 2009 at 9:40 AM - Response #4

Bill,

When a classmate is signing up, they can visit the "Profile Subscriptions" page and sign up to be notified when the classmate updates their profile.

Brad says in this forum topic that you will also get notified of the classmate's birthday

http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?threadid=2F4B8AEF-C107-9256-122ABF0FCC17F101

Brad Switzer wrote:

Note, if you subscribe to a Classmate's Profile and that Classmate has opted to share his or her Birthday, you will now receive a Birthday notification email one week prior to the Classmate's Birthday, and a second notice on the day of the Classmate's Birthday.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009 at 4:19 PM - Response #5

Brad,

Did you announce the photo feature that you said would be available post Thanksgiving?

Donna

Wednesday, December 9, 2009 at 4:31 PM - Response #6

Donna,

The Photo Gallery was announced here

http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?threadid=386FCD89-E878-1192-D267FED3033A9CAE

It has at least one more week of testing (maybe more). If we are lucky, it might be released to everyone as a Christmas Present.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009 at 5:02 PM - Response #7

Hi Brad,

Hope your Thanksgiving was fun. Now for Christmas!

I found the announcement thread after I emailed you, but you are so fast, you beat me to it!

I am so glad that other admins are so capable and ready to help with the beta. Will wait till the bugs are squashed! We have 80 old car photos to upload!

Thanks again,

Donna

Monday, July 12, 2010 at 8:00 AM - Response #8

Brad:

Would you consider, regarding the Birthday notification option that is in the works, having a button in the Upcoming Birthday section that would notify the administrator (email would be nice) to pull an audio file from the File Vault and send it to those whose Birthdays are celebrated that day or that week?

I've just included a link to the "The Beatle's Birthday" song to a couple of classmates. Interested in hearing your thoughts.

Bo

Monday, July 12, 2010 at 11:36 AM - Response #9

I'm not sure emailing the audio file itself to somebody is a good idea, but a link that returns them to the site to play the audio and/or greeting would be fine. We can probably set it up so you can create a greeting and then attach your file to it. We'll talk more about this as we get further into it, at the moment we're wrapped up in a gigantic system restructure that is critical before we can do many of the upcoming things we want to create.

Friday, July 30, 2010 at 8:51 AM - Response #10

Following is a link to a "Birthday Greeting" that I send manually. I would be nice if it could be generated automatically. A link to the Classmate Profile page to prompt the member to update their profile is also included. I use one of the Customizable Pages that is inactive and not visable in the header column. Link:

http://www.classcreator.com/Birmingham-AL-Wenonah-1949-1958/class_custom2.cfm

Edited 07/30/10 3:27 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.