ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Birthday notices stopped after CC host migration

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/09/20 11:21 AM Views: 368 Replies: 8
Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 11:21 AM

My colleague has been getting a daily e-mail with notification of upcoming birthdays for years now, but the notifications haven't been sent since you folks moved to your new hosting environment.

I have confirmed that my colleague is subscribed to every classmate profile in our account, and has the daily birthday notification option turned on. In attempting to isolate this problem, I too have subscribed to every profile and turned on the notification option. I am not getting the daily email either.

We really need to get these notifications working again. Please advise.

Thanks.

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 11:34 AM - Response #1

DITTO!

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 12:31 PM - Response #2

I also concur

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 12:33 PM - Response #3

Ironically, today my posts to this Forum are duplicates. I have deleted the duplicates.

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 1:38 PM - Response #4

Elena Giannasio wrote:

Ironically, today my posts to this Forum are duplicates. I have deleted the duplicates.

EG - That's ODD - didnt know that could happen, all my posts have been singular.

Thursday, June 11, 2020 at 2:10 AM - Response #5

Can you tell me what notifications specifically they aren't receiving? I checked the stats for all three sites above and all of them have Notify Me stats for the 7th, 9th and 10th. We did have a Notify Me break on the 8th while we ran multiple scripts through the system clearing out any pending messages stuck in the system after clearing up a bottleneck in our security configuration that was over scanning mail (scanning it at multiple points that were not necessary) and slowing the mail system down. Notify Me has been flowing normally since Tuesday.

If there is a specific type of notification or a specific example you want me to review people post more details here.

Thanks,

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, June 11, 2020 at 10:33 AM - Response #6

Thanks Jessica
Our Notifications are now Flowing, however:
1. Everything is still in DUPLICATE-
Posts to profiles and Whats New and Notifications of those posts.

2. Birthday notices on What's new are not showing

I have my Notify settings to IMMEDIATE for everything, Survey's once daily.

New Announcement Posted to Home Page on 6/9 @4:27PM finally showed on Whats New 6/11 @5:28AM
Posted a test comment to the Announcement post and after browser refresh it duplicated

Edited 06/11/20 10:43 AM
Thursday, June 11, 2020 at 1:07 PM - Response #7

Good News! Email to the class sent at 9:53 am (PDT) seems to be going out smoothly, along with Notify Me messages.

However, still experiencing duplicate postings issue.

Thursday, June 11, 2020 at 3:23 PM - Response #8

Message posted by classmate
Jun 11, 2020 at 11:12 am
[this is one of the messages that was duplicated on What's New - I deleted one iteration this morning @ 1:30am before hitting the sack]
UPDATES AND HIGHLIGHTS Notification of this message received in my InBox - June 12. 2020 at 1:53 pm

My notify set to Immediately - doesn't seem so Immediate to me.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.