ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Multi-user thread.

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/23/10 02:53 PM Views: 1650 Replies: 5
Friday, July 23, 2010 at 2:53 PM

I have a classmate who is using the Message Center with a multi-user thread. She writes, "is there any way we get Rob to access the Lomonders thread? I forwarded him a message but he can't get on and there's an hysterical conversation going on this morning."
Can another person be added?
--Peter

Friday, July 23, 2010 at 3:35 PM - Response #1

Only the original sender has control over who's on the thread from the initial message. There's several programming reasons, security reasons, and privacy reasons for this. The best thing to do in this case is retire the old thread and start another with anyone else you want included in the discussion.

Friday, July 23, 2010 at 4:10 PM - Response #2

Thanks for the quick response!

Friday, July 23, 2010 at 8:56 PM - Response #3

I have a classmate that sent a mass email using the Message Center to a lot of people on a personal event she was hosting. I really got quite perturbed SadSadSad..since I now am getting tons of emails on my real profile. I told her she could not promote a private event on the website. If she wanted to let the whole class know..I would have put an announcement on the homepage. She will not do it again.
I would like to permanently delete the thread off my profile. I do delete the thread every time I get a response...but every time someone replies...I get that dang notification. How can I permanently delete the threadQuestionQuestionQuestionQuestion

Saturday, July 24, 2010 at 1:38 AM - Response #4

The problem here is it's really not your thread. It's the thread of all the collective parties on that thread. So you can't just delete it. Well, you can delete it, but as you've noticed every time another response on the thread is issued, you're going to get the email again. You're getting it again because it really is being sent to you again. Like any stand-alone email program, if you're on a group email and the people on that email keep clicking on "Reply All" then you're going to keep getting it. All you can do here is politely ask the people on that thread to stop replying to it and consequently re-emailing everyone.

Just FYI, we added a max thread limit of 20 people and also deliberately set it up so Classmates had to add people to the thread 1 at a time. Any sort of multi person selection or even worse, an all class selection, makes it too easy for people to send these types of emails. I clearly don't need to explain to you why it's a problem... Nonetheless, even with a max of 20 people on the thread and the 1 at a time selection method, people can get these mini thread multi-party emails going. You simply need to tell them to stop, which I suspect they will if asked.

Saturday, July 24, 2010 at 2:01 AM - Response #5

Thanx..Brad for putting on a low max for emails on classmates and making them add them 1 at a time...I luv that.Very Happy
I already did tell her that she shouldn't have promoted her own event. I am kinda letting it go for now.. the event is actually over..so hopefully no more responses will surface she has been told not to do it again.MadMad I put a Message Center Etiquette disclaimer on the home page about promoting your own event.
I bounce people who send reply all emails to me. Some people don't realize how they get unwanted emails from peeps they don't know and viruses. I actually tell people to cut and paste or I dump em.
Sounds harsh..but I don't have time to figure out who the peeps are.Rolling EyesRolling Eyes
Thanx, again Brad. WinkWink

Edited 07/24/10 2:06 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.