ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Classmate having trouble logging on

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/09/09 01:47 PM Views: 1461 Replies: 3
Sunday, August 9, 2009 at 1:47 PM

I received this message:
Someone has taken over my account and I can no longer access your website. Can you please disable my account, so I can log back on and start over? Thanks
How can I do this>?
Thanks-
Sue

Sunday, August 9, 2009 at 2:14 PM - Response #1

I'd do these 2 things in this order:

1) Ask the Classmate to click the "Forgot Password" link on the home page gray login box. The liklihood is this person is typing in their email address and/or password incorrectly.

2) If you really need to reset the email address or password, simply go into the Classmate's details screen and do so. There is no reason to start the account over.

a) Click Manage Classmates
b) Click the Enter/Edit Classmates button
c) Click the Details link next to the Classmate's name
d) Change email address and/or password as desired

Saturday, October 29, 2011 at 2:26 PM - Response #2

Brad,
I have a classmate who is having trouble with her sign on. I have done exactly what you have suggested and she can not sign on. It states that either the email address or the password is invalid. My classmate wanted to change her address and I did that. I inserted her new email address and I got a message that stated that an email was going to be sent to the old address. I said ok. I saved the change. The classmate does not use that email address anymore and I am not sure if it is still active. I then proceeded to change the password to something generic and gave her that password. She tried to sign on but was unable.

What do I do now? The classmate's name who happens to be a guest of the site is Christy Rodela. The old email address is crodela52@yahoo.com. Rolling Eyes

George

Saturday, November 12, 2011 at 2:32 PM - Response #3

What kind of problems? Tell her that she needs to have browser cookies enabled. We need to know exactly what kind of problems before we can help very much.

I just used her e-mail address and sent her a FORGOT PASSWORD message.

Since these are PUBLIC FORUMS, you might not want her e-mail published like that, so you could edit your previous forum entry and delete her e-mail. If you don't she might start getting SPAM.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.