ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Edit Photo Gallery

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/26/18 02:54 PM Views: 5514 Replies: 22
Monday, November 26, 2018 at 2:54 PM

I am attempting to add “Captions” on photos. In the past I have not had any issues using my iPad Pro (12” model). However, while attempting to access the “Enter Captions Here...” area, my on screen keyboard does not available. I am on iOS 12.1 (newest).

Is this a known issue? The keyboard works great on this screen.

JohnB

Monday, November 26, 2018 at 5:07 PM - Response #1

Not a known issue. Are you able to test in Firefox on that device?

Monday, November 26, 2018 at 8:00 PM - Response #2

Previously I was using Safari. However, I just downloaded Firefox, and have the same issue. With Firefox, the access does not even blink (it did blink with safari

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 at 1:29 PM - Response #3

Tested, confirmed and sending to a programmer.

Friday, December 14, 2018 at 8:43 AM - Response #4

Any status or timeframe on resolution?

Monday, January 28, 2019 at 4:03 PM - Response #5

Me too.
Photo editor has not worked for over a month.

Loading senior photos takes extra steps to go back, hit SEARCH button and refresh the screen.

Also, unable to edit classmate submitted photos. Need to rotate 90 degrees to the right. Cannot edit.

How long can we live without a photo editor?

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 11:52 PM - Response #6

Update on the photo editor.
When I go into Manage Classmates
choose a year (like 1944)
Then filter for records without photos
click on ADD
choose yearbook frame
upload a photo from my computer
Photo shows in list
quickly click on Return to list prior to photo edit spinner
proceed to next classmate.
HOWEVER
If I make any edit to any classmate record, then try to ADD a photo for any classmate I cannot get into Senior photo section. It says SELECT PHOTO
ADJUST THUMBNAIL
REMOVE
None of the three options allow me to add a new photo.

Resolution:
Get all the way our of Manage Classmates (such as go to Home page)
Go back into Manage classmates
select the year to work on
select to see just classmates with no photo
and continue adding classmates photos.

The rule is DO NOT EDIT ANY CLASSMATE DATA WHILE TRYING TO ADD PHOTOS.

I need to make edits like adding a classmate middle initial, or correct a spelling. But, then I have to exit the activity and come back into Manage Classmates. Very time consuming.

Please help.

Jim Champaigne
Elkhart, Indiana
with seven CC web sites

Friday, February 1, 2019 at 12:06 PM - Response #7

I am having a similar problem- all I get is a JavaScript:Void(0) notice and can't do any thing with photos in classmate profiles.

Help.

Friday, February 1, 2019 at 12:13 PM - Response #8

I was able to upload the photo but had to exit out and then try again. This is the second time it worked that way.

Patrick

Friday, February 1, 2019 at 4:44 PM - Response #9

Patrick,
I just received a notice from Scott that the programmers are working on it.

Jim Champaigne
Elkhart, Indiana

Friday, February 8, 2019 at 5:24 PM - Response #10

Thanks, also having problems.

Friday, February 8, 2019 at 11:46 PM - Response #11

I noticed yesterday as I was posting senior photos to our site, that a checkerboard pattern appeared in the background of most photos. Not all, but most.
All photos were scanned on an Epson printer, 300 dpi into a .jpeg image. Yet the results are not always consistent.

I hope CC can get this resolved soon. I upload several hundred photos each week.

Sunday, March 24, 2019 at 12:13 PM - Response #12

Scott, I hate to bug you and the programmers, however, everyone has been experiencing this issue for more than six (6) months. Any status on when/timeframe we can expect a resolution?

I have just posted ~50 pictures into the Photo Gallery (for 70th Birthday Party), I cannot added the Caption for our Classmates names.

JohnB

Sunday, March 24, 2019 at 12:58 PM - Response #13

I just tested on Chrome-Windows and I was able to add captions.

Also photo editor works - appears to be the same one as before. I don't use it often but it works fine. I used rotate.

Could be specific to IOS only?

Sunday, March 24, 2019 at 8:33 PM - Response #14

I succeeded uploading photos, rotating, and annotating without incident. Windows, Chrome. The failures I'd been experiencing appear to have been resolved.

I am disappointed that notice of the fix was not pushed out to all admins, however. Thanks for the fix, though.

Sunday, March 24, 2019 at 10:13 PM - Response #15

I agree, we can performed the duties you said.

However, I am not able to add any comments (description and/or names of those in a picture in the Gallery Creator using an iPad.

Please check it on your website

Sunday, March 24, 2019 at 11:43 PM - Response #16

It's an iPad (or IOS) issue since I added comments to various photos in a gallery. CC will need to fix. Perhaps post in bugs.

Friday, October 8, 2021 at 9:16 PM - Response #17

Elem class pix were scanned rotated positioned vertically due to 8.5 x 11 page. No problem: in my files I used the rotate option to “right” the photo to horizontal.
But when I tried to upload the photo into Picture Gallery, it returned to the “tall” position in which it was originally scanned. Pic Gall has no rotate option that I can find. Help!

Edited 10/08/21 9:17 PM
Friday, October 8, 2021 at 11:53 PM - Response #18
2021-10-08 Rotate Photo.jpg

Click on "Adjust Photo" then on "Transform". There is a slider on the right. Rotate the photo and then "Apply" and "Save".

Edited 10/09/21 12:01 AM
Saturday, October 9, 2021 at 12:09 AM - Response #19
Photo Editor.jpg

I'm not sure why the Photo Editor in the Classmate's Photos looks different. They work the same, but the editing options appear blank in the Photo Gallery Editor

Monday, November 22, 2021 at 8:00 PM - Response #20

I see the "blank" options that pop up at the top when I choose Transform and can choose one of the 4 blank boxes to rotate the photo (why can't they use the term Rotate instead of making me guess). I click Apply (nothing happens that I can see), then Save (again I don't see anything happen; I just assume it saves).

Then nothing. The original "tall" photo that's in the left margin doesn't change, and I get NO option of what to do with the newly rotated photo. It just sits there: no exit, no option, no escape, nothing. I've clicked everything I can find & nothing happens. I've messed with this for over an hour. Can anyone assist?

HELP PLEASE!!

Monday, November 22, 2021 at 8:10 PM - Response #21

HI Dale,

What gallery is this for? What is the file description so I can take a look for you?

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, November 22, 2021 at 10:01 PM - Response #22

There are only two places the photo editor appears.

The photo editor in Galleries has broken SVG images for top tools.

Compare "adjust" in Galleries to "adjust" in profiles. Exact same editor, except for broken images.

code in galleries

code in profiles

There are other quirks when one tries to use the tool. Easy to see the issues.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.