ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Test emails not being sent

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/14/22 08:04 AM Views: 895 Replies: 25
Saturday, May 14, 2022 at 8:04 AM

Could someone check the email system. Test emails sent around 10:00 pm last night and around 7:00 am this morning have not arrived at 8:00 am this morning. Thanks.

Saturday, May 14, 2022 at 12:15 PM - Response #1

HI Bob,

I can see the read rate for the one last night is higher but both had a decent read rate so far. Can you check your spam/junk folder?

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Saturday, May 14, 2022 at 3:49 PM - Response #2

Thanks for the response Jessica. I have checked the span folder twice and not found anything. Should I try to send another test email? Bob

Saturday, May 14, 2022 at 5:04 PM - Response #3

You can send a test to yourself but I wouldn't send it to everyone because it definitely went out.

Jessica

Saturday, May 14, 2022 at 6:10 PM - Response #4

Jessica, I sent a test email to myself and it came through quickly. I then sent the email to the class. I hope it goes through as fast.

Last night I also sent a test email and it has not showed up. Nor has the test email I sent this morning.
Thanks for your help. Bob

Saturday, May 14, 2022 at 6:16 PM - Response #5

I sent the email to the class at 5:11. It is now 6:12 and I have received a copy on a gmail account on my phone. However, I have not received anything on my laptop. I see that 10 classmates have read the email though.

I just checked my spam folders again and nothing there. This is very confusing. Bob

Saturday, May 14, 2022 at 8:56 PM - Response #6

It's 8:51 and still no email to my mindspring.com email address. I did receive the email at my nc.rr.com and gmail.com addresses.

My wife has not received her email either. We both checked our spam folders.

I can't help but wonder how many other classmates have not received their email either. Bob

Sunday, May 15, 2022 at 2:00 AM - Response #7

Do they give you a way to whitelist domains?

If so, please add norply@classcreator.net or just classcreator.net if they don't allow specific addresses. I'm not seeing a bounce from mindspring. Does your wife use mindspring as well?

Jessica

Sunday, May 15, 2022 at 8:04 AM - Response #8

I don't know what it means to whitelist domains. The emails I send have my name in the from area, however, when you hold the cursor over my name, this appears: noreply@classcreator.net

My wife uses mindspring.com as well.

I just noticed that the 2 emails I sent to the class the afternoon of 5/13/2022, only about half of each has been read by classmates. This is very unusual as most are usually read within 24 hours.

Could this be because I sent 2 emails on 5/13, one at 4:45 pm and one at 5:11 pm? I don't usually send 2 emails in one day but we had two significant announcements to make in a short time. Bob

Edited 05/17/22 7:51 AM
Sunday, May 15, 2022 at 8:14 AM - Response #9

One other thing: I just received at my nc.rr.com address an email generated by ClassCreator that announced one classmates birthday and another one's upcoming birthday.

This did not go to my primary email address at mindspring.com.

Sunday, May 15, 2022 at 1:02 PM - Response #10

Mindspring got acquired by Earthlink so maybe this works for you on how to "whitelist"

https://www.whitelist.guide/earthlink/

Sunday, May 15, 2022 at 1:24 PM - Response #11

Thanks for the input Jack. I have not found anything in a spam folder from classcreator.com.

I have been using ClassCreator since 2011 and don't remember having a problem getting emails sent by them in the past.

This is an interesting problem because I am receiving lots of emails from friends, just can't receive emails sent by ClassCreator. Perhaps they will figure out the problem shortly.

Sunday, May 15, 2022 at 6:17 PM - Response #12

It looks like multiple ISPs are ignoring email sent from Class Creator. My guess is that after the migration some ISPs learned that the sending address is not a valid email address - and then began to ignore any mail sent from CC's mail server at net address 66.165.67.152.

Also, note that the link Jessica quoted for you to whitelist appears to be typo'd. It's really noreply@classcreator.net

Sunday, May 15, 2022 at 6:53 PM - Response #13

This is surprising. I sent the email to the class 5/14/22 at 6:10pm. It just arrived to my laptop at 6:45 on 5/15/22.

My wife got her email at the same time.

I don't know what caused over a 24 hour delay, but it finally came through. Thanks to whoever worked on this. Bob

Monday, May 16, 2022 at 9:18 AM - Response #14

I spoke to soon.

This morning at 5:09 am, my nc.rr.com email received a birthday announcement from ClassCreator. My mindspring.com email has not received anything, nor has the mindspring.com email for my wife.

I assume from this the problem still exists. Bob

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 at 7:59 AM - Response #15

It's been over 24 hours since ClassCreator sent an email about a classmates birthday. I have still not received the email at my mindspring.com address.

I first noticed this problem 5/13/2022 after I sent 2 emails to the class back to back. I don't know if sending 2 emails within a half hour of each other caused the problem or not.

This must be a much more severe problem than I thought it was.

Wednesday, May 18, 2022 at 9:30 AM - Response #16

Something really weird is going on between ClassCreator and Mindspring or Earthlink.

For Example: ClassCreator emailed a birthday announcement from sanfordcentralhigh.com to my mindspring email address Mon, 16 May 2022 05:09:28.
It arrived at my mindspring email address Wed May 18 08:50:06 2022 This is over 2 days to deliver an email.

ClassCreator emailed a birthday announcement from a different site, Sanford Central High School Class Of 1960, Wed, 18 May 2022 05:06:48 and it arrived at my mindspring email address Wed, 18 May 2022 08:01:41. This is less than 3 hours to deliver an email.

Can someone please explain what I need to do differently to get emails from ClassCreator sent faster? 48 hour delivery of an email takes us back to the 1990's.

Friday, May 20, 2022 at 9:14 AM - Response #17

This problem continues. According to the source data of the email, a birthday announcement was sent from Sanford Central High School Class Of 1960 on Thu, 19 May 2022 05:15:32
It arrived to my mindspring.com email on Fri May 20 08:59:13 2022 That's over 27 hours for an email to get delivered.

Will this problem with mindspring or earthlink get resolved? Bob

Friday, May 20, 2022 at 1:19 PM - Response #18

Bob, it could just be that the routing it takes to your server and finally to mindspring email server response to YOU is just slow. Not exactly related to CC. I think you said email provider nc.rr.com is fast?

That's pretty much points to mindspring not cc.

You can replicate the test by sending the same messages to BOTH addresses and see if that difference in behavior continues to show that it's mindspring's issue.

Friday, May 20, 2022 at 8:11 PM - Response #19

Thanks for the information Jack. nc.rr.com email from classcreator arrives a lot faster than mindpring.com, however, until last Friday, 5/13/2022, they all arrived about the same time.

What was different about 5/13? I sent two emails to the class within a half hour. Since then, all emails to mindspring.com from classcreator have slowed to a crawl.

I'm receiving emails at mindspring.com from lots of other people in a timely fashion. That's why I'm thinking there is a problem with classcreator sending emails to mindspring.com.

I could be wrong but would like for someone in the know to investigate the problem.

Friday, May 20, 2022 at 11:00 PM - Response #20

Bob Kelly wrote:

What was different about 5/13? I sent two emails to the class within a half hour. Since then, all emails to mindspring.com from classcreator have slowed to a crawl.

I agree it's a puzzle. Just like the missing bounces issue is not being resolved (despite statements that it's being worked on). I doubt this will get any more attention.

You are receiving them - sorry for being mean Shocked

Why CC doesn't have our group help resolve the bounce issue baffles me. Sending their test emails to a few of us will help prove that bounces don't work - no matter what their programmers are saying. Rolling Eyes

Saturday, May 21, 2022 at 1:21 PM - Response #21

Bob Kelly wrote:

Many of our group often try to help define and troubleshoot problems, but we simply don't have the access and visibility to do much more then report the details of what we see as a problem.

In this case, playing "What If...", Maybe CC's mail server decided it needed to 'batch' sends to mindspring after Bob sent two emails to the class in a short time. We have no idea how many more of Bob's members are mindspring customers - let alone how many more are out there in all the rest of CC's 20,000 web sites who could have sent emails around the same time.

Maybe mindspring began rejecting mail from CC, suggesting that a "high rate" in a short time frame looks like spam? We know, for example, that the CC mail server batches sends to Gmail (and others) since I get Once Daily notifies around 4:15am for my primary email address, and around 9:30am for my alternate Gmail address. What I don't know is how many emails are in each batch that's sent, or how often a batch is sent. And I'd bet those numbers are different for each ISP that's volume sensitive.

If CC's mail server is now set to only send some relatively small number of emails per day to mindspring, that could account for a long delay between the time Bob sends something and it was actually sent by the mail server - and was finally received.

All that is, of course, pure speculation. The problem could still be something at mindspring or some network delay getting to mindspring. But it does match the reported symptoms. And it confirms my point that we simply don't have the access or visibility to effectively troubleshoot problems. We don't, but... CC's support folks should.

Sunday, May 22, 2022 at 7:26 AM - Response #22

Jack and John, thanks for your responses. Hopefully this issue will get resolved shortly. Bob

Sunday, June 5, 2022 at 6:23 PM - Response #23

This problem is still not resolved.

For example:

1. Email sent by CC at 05:21 6/2/2022 arrived at my mindspring.com email account at 17:19 6/5/2022.
2. Email sent by CC at 05:13 6/3/2022 arrived at my mindspring.com email account at 17:19 6/5/2022, which is the same time #1 above arrived.
3. One of these classmates had a birthday 6/1/2022 but that announcement never arrived. The announcement about receiving comments arrived, but not the birthday announcement.

Edited 06/05/22 6:24 PM
Sunday, April 2, 2023 at 12:01 AM - Response #24

Wondering if this is fixed. I sent an email to my class tonight. Test message did not arrive twice. Sent it to the class and hopefully it will show up in AM. This doesn't seem to be the same CC it used to be if things go unresolved.

Sunday, April 2, 2023 at 6:21 AM - Response #25

Cathy,

Yes. You posted to an older thread, however, there was an issue tonight that did require resolution. I checked and your messages have gone out and are still in the process of completing.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.