ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Counter for number of joined classmates vs. profile update

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/16/21 08:07 PM Views: 3369 Replies: 9
Friday, April 16, 2021 at 8:07 PM

Is there a simple counter for displaying the number of people that have joined the website that could be inserted onto the home page.

I understand that there is a module for Profile Updates on the Home Page but what I would like is to be able to display the number of people who have joined whether or not they have created a profile.

Example: 150 people have joined this website.

Edited 04/16/21 8:09 PM
Friday, April 16, 2021 at 8:21 PM - Response #1

If you edit the home page you'll find an option "Joined Classmates." It would seem that this would satisfy your needs.

Friday, April 16, 2021 at 10:49 PM - Response #2

"Joined Classmates" is one of the Right Modules. Click "Active", then SAVE CHANGES, and it will display. Look at FC's home page and you'll see it. We also have it on our home page.

Friday, April 16, 2021 at 11:44 PM - Response #3

As far as I can tell, that only displays a pie chart. All I want is a number. Am I missing something?

Friday, April 16, 2021 at 11:56 PM - Response #4

Have you looked at FC's home page and my home page? It displays a pie chart with a percentage of joined classmates, and numbers joined and not joined. In my case it says: Percentage of Joined Classmates: 79.6% followed by A: 191 Joined, B: 49 Not Joined.

Edited 04/16/21 11:58 PM
Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 12:11 AM - Response #5

I have looked at your page. When I use the pie chart module, I only get a pie chart, no numbers. (Plus the pie chart is too light to be able to differentiate between the two sections.)

Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 9:04 AM - Response #6

Cindy McLean wrote:

I have looked at your page. When I use the pie chart module, I only get a pie chart, no numbers. (Plus the pie chart is too light to be able to differentiate between the two sections.)

It must have something to do with your choices for primary and secondary colors. Do you see a number for percentage of classmates joined?

Edited 04/17/21 9:06 AM
Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 9:22 AM - Response #7

Cindy,

I think FC's on to something. I didn't design our site colors, so I have limited knowledge of how they work.
Under Admin Functions > Change Design > Site Colors, experiment with different primary and secondary colors and see if that makes a difference. Make a note of the colors you currently have selected so you can revert back to them if needed. I don't know if background color plays any role in this or not.

Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 12:52 PM - Response #8
Joined.jpg

The difference between my and Scott's pie chart colors seem to be the background color - which is a different shade of red. In any case, pie chart colors should not keep the text values from displaying although the number does appear to be displayed in the background color.

For a second option to display those numbers, go to Admin Functions, and click on Statistics. You should see the same pie chart and numbers (see attached).

Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 3:05 PM - Response #9

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question. Once I changed some of my site design colors, I was able to see the numbers displayed. I am not real fond of the pie chart, but I can live with that now that the numbers are displayed. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.