ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

classmate profile box errors

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 06/21/22 05:27 PM Views: 3558 Replies: 11
Tuesday, June 21, 2022 at 5:27 PM

In the profile box on Classmate Profiles page we have 8 classmates that appear under the "Guest-Teacher" icon. If I click the icon, it does show our guests and teachers below these 8 people's names, but the total on the profile page is off and it looks like these people are guests. They all checked no on the Guest/Teacher question.

I think this might have been a question we added later when we wanted to add a teacher or guest, so most of the class show blank next to that question. Not sure if that's why. The names of the classmates who aren't guests are Ahrens, Howard, Jones, Mucie, Rishmany, B Smith, Swiggart, Walker.

Not a biggie, but I've already had someone ask me about it as they're looking at that page to see who's coming to our reunion.
Thanks! - Lynn

Tuesday, June 21, 2022 at 6:21 PM - Response #1
Class Creator forum.jpg

Looks like you figured it out, as none of these 8 classmates are now on the Guest Members list per the attached screen print on my desktop PC.

Edited 06/21/22 6:24 PM
Wednesday, June 22, 2022 at 9:15 AM - Response #2
Profile box.dotx

The box shows that there are 11 gust-teachers/ If you click on the link, the 8 names I listed are shown, then below them there is a separate list under "guest-teacher" where the actual guests-teachers names appear.

Thanks for your input, but still not fixed. See attached screen print

Edited 06/22/22 9:19 AM
Wednesday, June 22, 2022 at 2:12 PM - Response #3

Hi Lynn,

If you mean they are registered for the reunion but not appearing as "attending" then you would need to go to the transaction in the event planner that they are registered on and choose Edit and then choose the pencil/edit icon next to their name and select the "guest is a classmate" check box and then search their name and select it to connect it to their profile. I searched the first few names and they aren't in the main transactions list. Are they all guests of other classmates?

I can't open your attachment - can you attach a jpg?

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, June 22, 2022 at 9:59 PM - Response #4
Guest-Teacher Members.jpg

Jessica,
Lynn is referring to members who have been assigned the Guest - Teacher Icon. See attached Word doc converted to jpg.

Thursday, June 23, 2022 at 2:33 AM - Response #5
Class Creator profiles.jpg

It's so strange --- when I look at the Classmate Profiles page for the Class of 1967 Southwest High School, I get a different picture than John Ralph. There are fewer icons in the profile box. That said, what I see on my computer is irrelevant to this discussion, but I thought I'd share it.

Edited 06/23/22 2:35 AM
Thursday, June 23, 2022 at 10:00 AM - Response #6

Scott,
I just opened the .dotx file Lynn sent in Word and saved the included photo as a .jpg. I saw the same thing you saw, and I'd guess that the difference between what we saw and what Lynn saw is because we were not logged in - even though I would have thought that any icon would still appear whether logged in or not.

Saturday, July 30, 2022 at 3:20 PM - Response #7
Guests shown incorrect on web site.pdf

So is there any idea how I can fix this? It's been awhile since I've been back here, so I apologize. Not sure if I need to upload a new document to show the status. These 8 people are still showing up as discussed in original post. We should only have 3 guests and 1 teacher in that section. I've looked at their profile and can't figure out how theirs is different from the rest of us.

I would ignore it, but we're having a reunion in the fall. As people go check that profile summary box to see who's attending the Friday and Saturday events, they're noticing these classmates listed as guests. The first couple of people who asked about it I told to ignore. But I'd like to fix if possible.

Thanks!

Here's a current pdf file with comments.

Sunday, July 31, 2022 at 12:12 AM - Response #8

Is that icon attached to the question or the "Yes" answer? If it's attached to the question, then any answer would make it display.

Monday, August 1, 2022 at 12:29 AM - Response #9

Lynn,

You have it set to anyone who answers the Guest Teacher question.

Who should be listed as a Guest/Teacher? Are they only the ones who are in your Guests section at the bottom of Classmate Profiles? Right now it is tied to your custom profile generator question Guest/Teacher and it displays if they choose yes or no.

Please let me know who should have this designation and we can work on helping you get it corrected.

Jessica

Thursday, August 4, 2022 at 1:49 PM - Response #10

Jessica,
Sorry it's taken me awhile to get back to this. Actually, the whole Guest/Teacher category is now missing from that summary box. But the answer to your question is Guests who should be there are Maria Elena A (Wong), Irene Stiefel. Teachers, both deceased now, Manning and Weyforth.

Did you do something to get those 8 people removed, and if so what was different about them? Thanks!

Lynn

Thursday, August 4, 2022 at 8:00 PM - Response #11

Hi Lynn,

I didn't remove it but it has been removed. You have several other admins so one of them might have made the change

The custom question and icons needed to be separated to work anyways as they can't work as one question. I created a Teacher admin entered item and a Guest Admin entered item. The icons seem to only be for those who are not assigned to In Memory so the Teacher one isn't displaying.

I added the two guests and an icon and that one is all set. https://www.southwest1967.com/class_classmates.cfm

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.