ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

keeping the site?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/10/09 09:02 AM Views: 2005 Replies: 2
Friday, July 10, 2009 at 9:02 AM

First of all, just wanted to give kudos for all of this. This site enabled our class to get to know each other again and give us an incredible reunion. So thanks to everyone at Class Creator!
Even before the reunion, I had people asking what it was going to take financially to keep the site as is - we bought a domain name, and the class wants to pitch in and keep our site going. I know the annual price for the domain name, and I'm assuming that price doesn't change after the first year...I'm looking for ideas on how to best handle this. Do I go with PayPal as we did with the reunion? And forgive my pessimism, but with the state of the economy, will this site still be up for the next 5-10 years? I'm simply wanting to take care of my class the best I can, and I'd love some assurance that we can keep our class site running for years to come!
Thanks again!

Friday, July 10, 2009 at 12:11 PM - Response #1

1) Thanks for the kudos. Smile

2) Our policy is to not raise rates more than 6% in any calendar year, but having said that I don't see domain or subscription costs rising any time soon.

3) If you're looking to raise funds for the site, reunion, class outing or any other purpose, I suggest using the built in PayPal Donate Module available under your home page edit area. Followed by sending a class wide email to inform your Classmates donations are being accepted.

4) No problem asking about our stability, it just gives me a chance to boast a little bit. Smile Here's a snapshot of the Class Creator growth chart:

Half a million Classmates are on the system now. Even if no schools ever signed up again, which would be incredibly unlikely since an average of 8 new schools come on board every day, we'd be just fine long term with the sites we already have. The people involved in this system are all Internet Professionals who have been doing this type of work for 12 years. It's the full time career for all of us. So while there are no 100% guarantees in the world, no, I really can't see any reason why Class Creator won't be here for many, many years to come. This isn't just our job, it's our passion.

Edited 07/10/09 12:13 PM
Thursday, July 16, 2009 at 10:44 PM - Response #2

Congratulations Brad!
Half a million classmates are in the system now ! When I joined Class Creator a year ago I had no idea how big this was. You and your team know how to run the business. My group hasn't really had big reunions but through Class Creator we had gotten reacquainted. We used the custom links to exchange our stories and get caught up to the what and where you've been since high school. Starting with Brad, feel free to leave your comments. Here's a quick trip:
The Catherinians = short info about the school/students
Little Darlings = for pet enthusiasts
Travelogue = see the QE2, the rolls royce of cruises
Gramms Corner = view pics with L. Armstrong/Kenny G music
New n Old Tastebuds = who doesn't want to talk about food
Generations = book review
Memory = Poem and Sara Brightman sings Ave Maria
I'll lift the password protection for a few days.
Thanks again to Brad, Dave, Jessica and the rest of the team for their passion, and to all the admins for sharing tools and ideas that greatly help.
Thelma

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.