ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Editing Home Page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/05/21 10:04 AM Views: 3842 Replies: 13
Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 10:04 AM

The Home Page for our website has an out-of-date greeting. How can that be edited? We would like to keep the two pictures and add fresh text.

Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 10:38 AM - Response #1

To edit your home page greeting, under Admin Functions, click on Edit Site Pages. Then, on the Home Page, click on Edit Page. Make your changes and click SAVE CHANGES.

On a personal note, God bless you for keeping your site going. You must be the oldest single-year class on Class Creator. Such an inspiration!

Edited 05/05/21 11:04 AM
Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 9:46 AM - Response #2

I tried to edit (preferred) or delete (last resort because I wanted to retain the two pictures): no luck either way. Please advise.

Dave Flynn

Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 12:55 PM - Response #3

Hi David,

What happens when you try to edit it?

When I go to Admin Functions > Edit Site Pages > Home Page > Edit Page and then scroll past the Right Hand Module items there is a Home Page Content section that contains your text and the two images.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 1:04 PM - Response #4

What OS and what browser are you using? Old browsers probably will not work.

I copied your home page into a test page and I was able to edit, change, etc. There is some data in there that came from MSWORD that probably should be removed but that's a different issue.

Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 6:02 PM - Response #5

I am using an iMac Version 10.15.7, The browser is Safari Version 14.1. I followed your instructions to Home Page content, highlighted the part I wanted to remove, then using Safari Edit, clicked on Delete which removed the highlighted text. I closed the page, left Class Creator and returned to the class website Home Page which showed no change (deletion).

Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 6:12 PM - Response #6

I have a feeling you didn't click "SAVE CHANGES" at the bottom of the page.

Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 8:49 PM - Response #7

I finally found the "SAVE CHANGES" which erased everything on the home page including the non-highlighted items. How do I get the 2 school pictures to show again on the Home Page". I appreciate your patience and help......90 years has definitely taken its toll on body and intellect.

David Flynn

Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 9:31 PM - Response #8

To reload your photos on the home page, under Admin Functions, click on Edit Site Pages. Then for the home page, click on Edit Page.

Scroll down to the Home Page Content Section, where you'll see three rows of icons. Click on the one just to the right of Source, which is the Image icon. Then, on the second row, click on File Vault. Since you previously uploaded your photos, you will find them in your File Vault.

Once you locate the photo, right click on it, then click on Select. The photo will appear in your home page box. But, now you have to size it. To do that, right click on the photo, then click on Image Properties. Since you have two photos side by side, I'd start with inserting 300 for the width and then click OK. Do the same thing for the other photo.

Now, you'll see the two photos side by side, but you will likely want them the same height. So, choose one that seems to be a good height, and right click on it again to see what Height it is. Then, change the height on the other photo to match, using the same procedure so the heights match. Remember, the total width of the photos together cannot exceed 685.

Don't forget to click SAVE CHANGES at the bottom when you're done.

Ask more questions if you have difficulties and we'll help you out.

Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 10:10 PM - Response #9

You should be able to restore the ORIGINAL page that was deleted. In the Editor,on the bottom right, it says

View Backups (somenumber) • Last Save: 05/11/21 07:22 PM
Page is active

Click that and pick one that shows the images.

Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 10:17 PM - Response #10

Hi David,

The content wasn't gone from the editor. You had selected to make the Home Page Content "inactive" on the top where the right hand modules are. I made it active again and everything is back including the two photos.

When I go to Admin Functions > Edit Site Pages > Home Page > Edit Page you need to go completely past the red outlined box at the top with the right hand modules

It looks like you had edited the home page some. If you don't need to make other edits you are all set. If you do need to make more just make sure to scroll past the stuff in the red box at the top and go directly to the

Home Page Content section which contains the page editor.

Let me know if you need any additional assistance.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 8:57 AM - Response #11

Jessica -

Thanks to Scott, Jack and yourself, our class website update is back on track. I checked the website before I read your latest and couldn't figure out how the greeting and pictures reappeared. I really appreciate the help.

David Flynn

Wednesday, August 25, 2021 at 3:14 PM - Response #12

I’m jumping in here because I just did some formatting on my Home Page and (because I increased the font size on a URL) the text dropped below the right sidebars. Big space in the center section of the Home Page.

Is it fixable?

Margie Barclay

Wednesday, August 25, 2021 at 3:57 PM - Response #13

Hi Margie,

I made the three titles for the videos link to the videos so you won't have long web addresses pushing the page down. You can type in text, select the text with your cursor/mouse and then choose the Link Icon (2nd row - third from the right) to add the address you want the text to link to.

Long links have no way to word wrap and therefore push the page down so it is best to use text that can word wrap if needed.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.